C3.ai is a leading enterprise AI software provider for accelerating digital transformation. The comprehensive and proven C3 AI Suite uses a model-driven abstraction layer to enable organizations to develop, deploy, and operate enterprise scale AI applications 40x to 100x faster than alternative approaches. www.c3.ai
We are looking for an experienced Director, HR Total Rewards and Operations to work in our Redwood City, California Headquarters. Reporting to the Senior Director of Human Resources, the Director, HR Total Rewards and Operations will need to have the ability to operate at a strategic level while also being hands on the day to day work. This position will oversee the planning, administration and implementation of all compensation and benefits programs and policies. Develop and monitor benefits plans which provide value to the employees, are cost effective for the organization, and meet defined objectives. Lead Open Enrollment and the annual salary increase process. The position is additionally responsible for HR Operations which includes policies, compliance, and the ownership of HR systems and system integration. The successful candidate will be joining an experienced team of dedicated professionals who are passionately engaged in building a solid foundation for a great company that is a leader in one of the most exciting and revolutionary technology innovations of our age.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Design and develop compensation/benefit programs, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for reviewing current programs, benchmarking for against market data, making recommendations to ensure competitiveness, and implementing programs.
- For compensation this includes, on a Global basis:
- Benchmarking for all positions, preparing job descriptions, conducting job analysis and evaluations and job classifications
- Creating internal structure for job titles and salaries and providing recommendations with respect to process and overall improvements where appropriate.
- Leading the annual performance and salary review process.
- For benefits this includes, on a Global basis:
- Plan and lead the operation of all company benefit offerings, including competitive benchmarking.
- Manage all filings, reports and audits related to the administration of employee benefit programs and ensuring all Summary Plan Descriptions are complete and updated.
- Manage vendor relationships, including negotiating contracts and services.
- Leading the annual open enrollment process
- Determine and implement appropriate communication strategy to educate employees on programs and changes.
- Keep appraised of federal, state and local compensation and health benefit laws and regulations in order to ensure company compliance.
- Global Mobility
- Ownership for Human Resources Polices, ensuring they are established and maintained, including the Employee Handbook
- Compliance reporting and filing across all HR programs
- HR Systems integration
- Determine methods for automating and streamlining processes
- Employee data maintenance, quality and analytics
- Leave Administration
- HR productivity metrics
- Bachelor’s Degree with coursework in Human Resources.
- Seven (7)+ years of HR (compensation, benefits and HRIS) experience required.
- Experience in a high growth company, ideally in the Software SaaS/PaaS industry .
- Solid working knowledge of federal and California employment laws.
- Superior Microsoft Excel skills.
- Proficient in MS Office and HRIS Systems.
- Knowledge of commonly-used Human Resources concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Strong customer focus and team player.
- Hands-on specialist who can operate with limited direction.
- Strong organizational skills and superior attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- C3.ai is a culture of “doers”. Employees at all levels are willing to roll up their sleeves to get things done. The incoming leader is a team player who embodies those ideals and doesn’t hesitate to jump in and solve difficult problems.
- Ability to juggle and manage multiple priorities. Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Must be able to effectively meet deadlines and prioritize work assignments for efficiency.
- A high-energy individual who radiates positivity. This person inspires others through clarity and conviction of a shared vision.
- A humble individual who listens well and is coachable.
- A fixed focus on and commitment to accuracy, timeliness, and thoroughness.
- Deep understanding of and dedication to best-in-class employee service.
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to gather and analyze information and resolve difficulties quickly.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and work as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think critically and logically.
- Ability to work independently and in within a team.
- Ability to deliver results and meet expectations in a fast-paced environment.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong moral compass and will understand the importance of ethics in business. This person is able to balance the lofty expectations of future company performance with the necessity to report information accurately and in accordance with company standards.
C3.ai provides a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including:
- Competitive salary, generous stock options, 401K, medical, dental, and vision benefits. At the office, we offer a fully stocked kitchen with catered breakfast and lunch, table tennis and pool table, free membership at our on-site gym, Friday evening social hours with food, drink and music and a fun team of great people.
C3.ai is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected characteristics, including disabled and veteran status.