Job Description (high level overview of position):
Turning miles into smiles, BYTON is an auto mobility device that combines engineers who are constantly opening up innovative forms of mobility with new technologies, and our UX/UI designers who are leading the way with novel, meaningful, and purposeful interactive experiences that we have yet to see in the market, Never before have both these drivers of change been so effectively united in a single company. At BYTON automobiles and digital literacy are equally at home with each other.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Test cases development - Develop detailed test plans & test cases for assigned product features to ensure all appropriate positive & potential negative use cases are covered. Work closely with product management, user interface design, hardware/software development and vehicle test teams to understand the functional scope, identify gaps in information & get test coverage reviewed.
- Test beds setup - Set up test bed with capability of end-to-end feature, system stability and performance tests.
- Test cases execution - Execute test plans in a timely manner & ensure that the management team has required status of builds.
- Bugs triaging and resolution - Write detailed bug reports with all relevant details & ensure critical bugs have the right level of visibility; support in triaging bugs by log analysis to identify potential root causes and verify the fixes.
- Automation framework and scripts development - Build/enhance automation framework for new features test and develop automation scripts.
- Remote collaboration - Work closely with the local and off-shore development and test teams to ensure comprehensive test coverage and issues resolution.
Candidate requirements and qualifications:
- 5+ years of quality assurance experience with bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle and quality assurance processes.
- Experience in testing of consumer electronics products including test planning, test cases development, log analysis and regression coverage.
- Experience testing applications that run on operating systems like QNX, Android, Linux etc. including user interface and cloud backend.
- Hands-on experience in scripting for test automation using Python, Perl etc. and automation frameworks development using Selenium, Appium etc.
- Experience in Automotive domain, navigation, infotainment or consumer electronics products
- Experience in designing and building smoke, stability and performance test setups
- Experience in collaboration tools like Jira for bug tracking, TestRail for test case management, Jenkins for continuous build integration, Jama for requirements management, Confluence for documents management
- Written & verbal communication skills to interact with other local and remote cross-functional teams. Speaking, Reading & Writing skills in Simplified Chinese (in addition to English) is preferred.