Job Description (high level overview of position):
• Perform finite element simulations to evaluate and enhance full vehicle and sub-system noise and vibration (NVH) performance.
• Perform finite element simulations to evaluate and enhance full vehicle and sub-system durability, strength and stiffness performance.
• Use engineering knowledge and FE tools to drive vehicle design, working cross-functionally with Product Design, Testing teams and Crash teams.
• Develop and apply advanced NVH and durability methodologies and analysis techniques to drive innovation into product development.
A. Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide design direction based on physical test and CAE results.
• Support CAE full vehicle and sub-system model builds, delivering high model quality.
• Responsible for high NVH and durability performance of assigned sub-systems and/or full vehicle.
• Perform error-free finite element analysis to predict structural performance.
• Conduct optimization studies by utilizing CAE tools, including DOE/ DFSS techniques on vehicle designs to meet performance requirements with the constraints of mass and cost.
• Perform analyses for feasibility for manufacturing, assembly and service processes.
• Create analysis procedure documents and modeling technique documents.
• Produce high quality reports during and at the end of projects.
B. Candidate requirements and qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Master’s and Ph.D. preferred.
• Minimum of three years working on CAE NVH and Durability.
• Strong fundamental knowledge of mechanics of material, statics and dynamics.
• In depth knowledge of vibration theory.
• Well-versed in modal, point mobility, vibration and acoustic transfer function analysis.
• In depth knowledge of stress failure theory, buckling and fatigue theory.
• Experience with fatigue software such as nCode and FE-Safe.
• Proven ability to understand loading and boundary conditions.
• Advanced applied skill in ANSA, Hyperworks, ABAQUS, NASTRAN and other FEM codes.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results on difficult projects with tight timing constraints.
• Able to communicate efficiently and effectively.
• Proven ability to manage personal time and prioritize multiple projects concurrently.
• Willingness to go beyond the assigned projects and contribute to the CAE process.
• Ability to solve problems with minimum supervision.