In BYTON ADAS/AD team we are working with the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning, sensor/computing technology and computer vision to build next generation of AD/ADAS system ranging from L0-L4. We have a tremendous challenge to introduce latest autonomous driving technology in fast pace manner in BYTON car. We as a team believe in working hard, dedication and passion to build next generation autonomous system and introduce the same in BYTON smart and safe vehicles.
In BYTON AD/ADAS team we are building a high-performance team who is excited to solve engineering challenges and is passionate about making next generation autonomous system. BYTON AD/ADAS team is looking for engineers and leaders who are excited to be part of this team.
The ADAS team is currently seeking a Sr. Engineering Manager with strong technical leadership to be responsible for the ADAS / AD (Autonomous Driving) system development. This position requires an experienced professional with a track record of successfully bringing new automotive ADAS and/or AD features into production. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and strive for innovation in this field.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the ADAS / AD system development group
- Support Engineering Leads who are responsible for ADAS/AD sub-system and component development.
- Contribute to the ADAS/AD roadmap, strategic planning, production rollout planning
- Lead the ADAS/AD system and features and production deployment
- Contribute ADAS/AD system production programs, sourcing, managing suppliers, quality management
- Lead the ADAS/AD electrical (i.e. power & network) architecture.
- Lead the ADAS/AD DFMEA, functional safety and SOTIF requirement
- Be responsible for all the ADAS/AD features from system perspective with end-to-end ownership responsibility
- Lead joint validation testing along with supplier as needed
- Review and approve test protocol
- Participate field testing along with Verification&Validation team
- Review test result with Verification&Validation team and support to debug field issues
- Support and analyze KPI test drive data
- Work closely with BYTON Integration team to define diagnostic interface, flash-programming, signal interfaces etc. for ADAS
- Manage supplier partnership and engagement for system development.
- Work closely with Tier 1 / AD startup companies for next generation of sensors which are applicable for AD development.
- Work closely with other teams (Chassis, Powertrain, E/E, UI/UX, gateway) to ensure interfaces are clearly identified and agreed.
. Candidate requirements and qualifications:
- Proven track record from OEM/Tier1 bringing automotive ADAS customer features and sensors integration into production
- In-depth knowledge and experience of ADAS/AD feature development
- In-depth experience in integration of the ADAS/AD system in vehicle
- Knowledge of in-vehicle communication protocols (CAN, LIN, Ethernet) and vehicle network architecture & diagnostics
- Solid understanding of principles of functional safety and resulting activities with regards to system architecture / development for ADAS/AD systems
- Good working knowledge of ADAS HW components software interface definition like Camera, Radar, Lidar, Ultrasonic sensors, ECU etc.
- Previous experience designing, debugging, testing and bringing up complex hardware/software systems
- Experience with automotive supplier interaction, specification development, project/release management, change management
- Capability and creativity to successfully complete projects in innovative startup environments
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- BS minimum in the areas of Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Robotics, or other related field.
- 3+ years of people managing experience and 7+ years of automotive experience, particularly in the area of assisted / autonomous driving at a Tier1 or OEM