Job Description (high level overview of position):
Turning the car into the next-generation smart device requires combined forces right from the start. At BYTON automobiles and digital literacy are equally at home with each other. BYTON Concept epitomizes the first-ever purpose-built car aimed towards a fully autonomous future.
In BYTON ADAS/AD team we are working with the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning, sensor/computing technology and computer vision to build next generation of AD/ADAS system ranging from L0-L4. We have a tremendous challenge to introduce latest autonomous driving technology in fast pace manner in BYTON car. We as a team believe in working hard, dedication and passion to build next generation autonomous system and introduce the same in BYTON smart and safe vehicles
In BYTON AD/ADAS team we are building a high-performance team who is excited to solve engineering challenges and is passionate about making next generation autonomous system. BYTON AD/ADAS team is looking for engineers who are excited to be part of this team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Technical lead and responsible for system architecture definition for ADAS vehicle motion control which include interfacing with other sub-system sensors and actuator (Ex. Powertrain, braking and steering system).
- Responsible for defining functional specification and test procedure for SW component level testing both in HIL and vehicle environment.
- Responsible for creating simulated environment for SW testing
- Responsible for functional safety aspect for VMC related features
- Defining system level testing of vehicle motion behavior along with system engineer responsible for lateral and longitudinal control features.
- Review test result with Verification & Validation team and support to debug field issues
- Support and analyze KPI test drive data
- Participate in Endurance run and quality testing both in US and China.
- Candidate requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited University.
- Good working knowledge of Vehicle Motion Control architecture definition and sub-system interfaces with chassis and powertrain features for lateral and longitudinal control software features. This include also specification definition, test specification creation, test simulation creation & testing, vehicle validation and release in production
- Knowledge of ADAS HW/SW architecture definition
- Good working knowledge of functional safety implementation in automotive system
- Experience with diagnostic software feature implementation in automotive system
- Knowledge of ADAS HW components software interface definition like Camera, Radar, Lidar, Ultrasonic sensors, ECU etc.
- Experience with automotive communication protocol such as CAN, Ethernet, LIN.
- Experience with hardware-in-loop systems for verification of ADAS features
- Knowledge of automotive ADAS standards such as NCAP, ISO etc.
- 5+ years of working experience in design and/or verification & validation of automotive software and systems specific to vehicle motion control, including at least 2-3 years with ADAS/AD