As Firmware Validation Engineer in the E/E Systems team at BYTON, you will be supporting the development of a secure connectivity system in a next generation electric car. These activities will be focused on verification of the Telematics component of the vehicle and its interactions with other RF components such as BLE, WiFi, GNSS, LTE, and V2X. You will work with hardware and firmware engineers to generate validation requirements, create tests and testing infrastructure, and write validation reports. Your expertise will be used to support validation of OTA updates of the in-vehicle network (i.e. CAN, Ethernet, WiFi) and off-car communications (i.e. LTE, vehicle updating, diagnostic reporting). You will be part of a global team, with members based in Santa Clara, CA and Nanjing, China.
- Validation engineer with focus on RF test and validation
- Interact closely with Systems engineers, Software/Hardware developers and RF engineers to test vehicle Gateway, Telematics, and their interactions with other RF components in the vehicle
- Gain holistic understanding of requirements in component, system, and vehicle level
- Troubleshooting to reproduce failures during component and vehicle testing.
- Work with firmware and system engineers to evaluate requirements, create test plans and test cases, execute manual and automated tests, and perform failure analysis.
- Follow issue resolution from issue origination thru verification, closure, and monitoring
- Anticipate and communicate validation roadblocks/challenges. Develop and implement new test methods to improve quality/efficiency
- Strong analytical ability to solve problems that are unusual or difficult
- BS / MS in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in RF test and validation.
- Solid understanding of and experience working with RF hardware, lab equipment, and wireless communications
- Experience with continuous integration methodologies and tools (e.g. Jenkins, Jira, Jama).
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Ability to work with local and global development team.