Job Description (high level overview of position):
Responsible for automation, Verification & Validation of software for BMS (Battery Management System) and support VCU (Vehicle Control Unit)
Duties and Responsibilities
- HIL (Hardware In the Loop).
- Align test plan with Powertrain Test Manager and BMS/VCU software team.
- Responsible for test case generation, test execution and reporting.
- Definition of test cases according to component and system requirements.
- Execute implementation test acc. to communication and I/O specifications.
- Working with BMS software team to perform functional and diagnostic test on HIL incl. Network management, Pre-Charge control, SOC/SOH/SOF calculation, Cell Monitoring, Cell Balancing, Insulation Management, Interlock control, Energy Management, Thermal Management as well as fault management (fault detection and fault reaction).
- Responsible for HIL automation incl. automated testing, calibration check and report generation.
- Failure analysis, reporting and follow up according to bugfix plan.
- Responsible for maintenance and update of MATLAB/Simulink vehicle models in HIL simulator.
- Synchronization with powertrain component owners (VCU, Battery, eDrive, Power electronics) as well as all relevant interface partners (Thermal, Infotainment & Connectivity) to align test requirements.
- Self-responsible working attitude.
- Flexibility and openness mentality for a dynamic Start Up atmosphere.
- Availability for traveling ~5-10% to other Byton locations.
Candidate requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related.
- 3~6 years of working experience on HIL (Hardware in The Loop) Testing.
- Experience in BMS, VCU or other powertrain HIL testing.
- BMS software development/calibration is advantageous.
- Strong knowledge of electrified powertrain functions, battery modeling and vehilce modeling is advantageous.
- Self-organizing, solution oriented and good communication skills.
- Experience in HIL systems such as DSPACE, ETAS, NI, etc.
- Proficient in use of automation tools such as AutomationDesk, LabcarAutomation, ECU-Test, etc.