As Linux Validation Engineer in the E/E Systems team at BYTON, you will be supporting the development of a secure connectivity system in a next generation electric car. These activities will be focused on verification of the Over-The-Air (OTA) updating process for the vehicle, from cloud-endpoint to the central gateway compute module. You will work with hardware and firmware engineers to generate validation requirements, create tests and testing infrastructure, and write validation reports. Your expertise will be used to support validation of OTA updates of the in-vehicle network (i.e. CAN, Ethernet, WiFi) and off-car communications (i.e. LTE, vehicle updating, diagnostic reporting). You will be part of a global team, with members based in Santa Clara, CA and Nanjing, China. Coordination with the Santa Clara team will be important to the success of the role.
- Validation engineer with focus on Cloud and OTA validation and software tools creation.
- Gain holistic understanding of requirements in component, system, and vehicle level
- Responsible for understanding requirements, develop & executing tests for OTA software, from obtaining firmware packages from software archive to updating individual ECUs
- Troubleshooting to reproduce failures during component and vehicle testing.
- Work with firmware and system engineers to evaluate requirements, create test plans and test cases, execute manual and automated tests, and perform failure analysis.
- Work with development teams to provide a seamless flow from requirements/specification to quality management.
- Follow issue resolution from issue origination thru verification, closure, and monitoring
- Anticipate and communicate validation roadblocks/challenges. Develop and implement new test methods to improve quality/efficiency
- Strong analytical ability to solve problems that are unusual or difficult
- Create custom tools to help visualize and analyze test results
- BS / MS in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in software or firmware test and validation.
- Experience with continuous integration methodologies and tools (e.g. Jenkins, Jira, Jama).
- Familiarity with Linux embedded software development tools, command line, languages, and practices a plus (e.g. Buildroot/ Yocto, Makefiles, compilers).
- Experience with testing networked applications and API and connections to cloud endpoints a plus.
- Familiarity with JSON decoding and communication with cloud endpoints (MQTT, REST, etc) a plus.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Ability to work with local and global development team.