Job Description (high level overview of position):
Responsible for Powertrain Vehicle Integration, Vehicle Test and reporting
Duties and Responsibilities
- Powertrain system integration and testing in powertrain test vehicles.
- Responsible for test case generation, test execution and reporting.
- Definition of test cases according to component, system and vehicle requirements.
- Working together with component owners, suppliers, HIL and System test groups to define overall powertrain test strategy, test requirements, consolidate test case library and generate regular functional release reports during the vehicle development milestones.
- Execution of vehicle testing in labs (chassis dyno, climatic wind tunnel), proving grounds as well as public roads.
- Support winter/summer testing activities.
- Lead vehicle troubleshooting for powertrain and support workshop activities and repairs.
- Responsible for maintenance and HW/SW updates of powertrain prototype vehicles.
- Implementation of Test automation to reduce test time and increase test coverage covering test in field as well as BigData Analysis.
- Failure analysis, reporting and follow up according to bugfix plan.
- Flexibility and openness mentality for a dynamic Start Up atmosphere.
Candidate requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related.
- 3 or more years of working experience on electric powertrain.
- Strong knowledge of electrified powertrain functions (vehicle control unit, charging system, battery management system)
- Self-organized, solution oriented and good communication skills.
- Experience in system integration and vehicle testing.
- Experience in High Voltage Safety Standards and safety work procedures is advantageous.
- Familiar in use of automation tools such as ECU-Test and Phyton is advantageous.
- Proficient in use of measurement, calibration and simulation tools such as CANoe,CANape/INCA.
- Familiar with the interpretation of Model Based Software in Matlab/Simulink is advantageous.