Battery System- Electrical Engineer who is highly organized and structured to deliver an on-time and high-quality product.
- Lead battery sytem electrical architecture design and own electrical system requirement development.
- Work with Cell team and BMS Control team to meet system level targets.
- Develop cutting edge HV Battery electrical solutions and define technical specification for battery pack.
- Work with suppliers on components selection of high voltage battery components such as contactors, connectors, fuse, bus- bars, etc.
- Lead HV battery system EMC/ EMI regulatory compliant design.
- Work on functional safety development of HV system and energy storage system.
- Support BMS Hardware-in-the Loop (HIL) Testing.
- Work with supplier to review BMS PCB design to achieve system requirements.
- Act as a key interface to the vehicle low voltage and high voltage team.
- Work cross functionally to ensure that battery meets powertrain and vehicle level requirements.
- Support BMS level, battery pack level, and vehicle level test and troubleshooting.
- Design test plan such as EOL, DVP, UN testing to identify opportunities for design improvements.
- Create DFMEA for high voltage battery electrical system and components.
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering or other related engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in product development environment preferably with an experience in systems engineering.
- 3+ years of experience as an automotive high voltage related system including battery management system (BMS), Li- Ion battery and power electronics.
- Solid background with circuit design, PCB layout, and power electronics design.
- Familiar with EMC/ EMI regulation and test.
- Experienced with high voltage battery systems and Li- Ion batteries.
- Experience requirements management tools such as (Doors or Polarion) will be a plus.
- Experience with ISO26262 will be a plus.
- Knowledge of network-based communication protocols, including CAN
- Structured thinker and clear communicator.
- Experienced with system level troubleshooting problem resolution
- Be able to adapt to dynamic environment and be open to challenges.
- A successful track record of product development experience from prototype to production
- Excellent communication skills and team-working tendencies.