As part of the North American Indirect Sourcing team, the Sourcing Manager within the CAPEX and Industrial Services team will be responsible for strategic category management of category of software and licensing and marketing/PR and Industrial Services spend for BYTON. This position will be responsible for creating processes, reducing complexity, driving efficiency and producing savings within the category and in partnership with stakeholders. This role is a critical enabler for both North American and Global initiatives. Developing a close partnership with internal resources, cross functional stakeholders, and suppliers is critical to the success of this role in addition to researching and understanding industry best practices and working with an extended team to deliver an aligned vision.
Turning miles into smiles, BYTON is an auto mobility device that combines engineers who are constantly opening up innovative forms of mobility with new technologies, and our UX/UI designers who are leading the way with novel, meaningful, and purposeful interactive experiences that we have yet to see in the market, Never before have both these drivers of change been so effectively united in a single company. At BYTON automobiles and digital literacy are equally at home with each other.
- Manage $xxx million capital equipment (CapEx) and maintenance (MRO) spend
- Define an end-to-end strategy focusing on total life cycle management and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Execute the strategic sourcing process including market and industry analysis, supplier research and review, category and supplier segmentation, sourcing events, analysis, negotiations, contracting and implementation
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers ensuring the most optimal terms and conditions while never compromising service or quality
- Establish trust and build effective business relationships with vendors for short and long term partnership
- Deliver specific productivity and cash flow targets in alignment with overarching goals and objectives, with a focus on Total Cost of Ownership
- You have a passion for process mapping, data, and driving process improvements
- You have a history of setting and massively over-delivering against clear goals
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations, or Engineering
- You have spent 3-5 years experience in procurement
- Experience in operations with an in depth understanding in strategic sourcing
- Must be highly adaptable to the variability in this role in a startup environment
- You know the components of a legal agreement and have reviewed and/or negotiated them in the past
- You have strong written, verbal, and listening skills
- You are a negotiator with the ability to influence process and change
- Indirect sourcing experience in CAPEX, MRO or industrial services, or extensive equivalent experience in Indirect sourcing categories such as logistics or corporate services preferred
- Effective cross functional project leadership, negotiation, collaboration skills, analytical and communication skills are expected.
- Engineering manufacturing, plant maintenance, inventory or plant controller (finance) backgrounds are also a strong asset and could be considered in lieu of MRO/Industrial Services procurement experience.
- Experience and knowledge of the MRO/industrial services industry is preferable.
- Ability to navigate a matrixed organization and work collaboratively in a cross-functional, multi-cultural environment is required
- Demonstrated peer to peer leadership
- Demonstrated cross functional leadership and ability to influence broader thought
- Proactive, anticipating issues and opportunities
- Ability to work through multiple simultaneous projects
- Rigorous data analysis capability and financial acumen
- Ability to develop strategic and sustainable initiatives and implement using thoughtful change management practices