As an Engineering Applications Administrator working within the IT team, you will work on a handful of IT engineering applications deployed in cloud and on-prem environments. You will also help the DevOps team on deploying infrastructure as code, and further advancing a progressive technology stack within GCP and Aliyun cloud platforms.
The ideal candidate is customer focused and flexible. The ability to communicate effectively is critical. This position provides you the opportunity to make a big impact on the organization as a key influencer and individual contributor. You will leverage your system administration and development experience to build and maintain the infrastructure necessary to support the company’s products and services.
- Perform overall on-site maintenance of Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket)
- Perform administrative tasks for the Atlassian, GitLab and other DevOps tools and products
- Design & Manage complex Jira/Confluence queries, dashboards for operational/performance reporting metrics and status reports
- Manage and administer add-ons and integrations
- Respond to day to day requests and troubleshoot issues
- Document standards, guidelines and standard operating procedures for admins/users of the system
- Work closely with other DevOps engineers to maintain the platforms that support our corporate web properties (e.g., applying security patches, ensuring disaster recovery plans, manage access control to additional developers, etc.) as well as build and maintain any necessary cloud infrastructure.
- Automate repetitive tasks to drive efficiency (e.g., automate event based remediation, propagating data between systems, task-specific tools).
- System Administration: Infrastructure as code everywhere possible, upgrade and deploy constantly, monitor and log all the things. Backups and DR.
- Act as a gatekeeper; review, approve and deploy tools written by other engineers that interface with Corporate IT systems (Slack, G Suite, Okta, etc.).
- Contributing your ideas on how we can continuously improve our systems and processes.
- BA/BS degree in computer science, engineering, business administration or a related field. Master's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 4-6 years successfully administering JIRA/Confluence/Bitbucket on-premise/Cloud environment.
- Solid understanding of JIRA workflows, schemes, custom fields, JQL and dashboard reporting
- Working knowledge of Networking, DNS, Databases, Exchange and Active Directory, APIs.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Gitlab, Spinnaker, and Jenkins.
- Experience with UNIX systems administration including maintaining web/application servers.
- Version Control Management experience (e.g., Git, Subversion, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Debugging and Troubleshooting Skills: System and Network (performance analysis and network troubleshooting)
- Coding in one or more UNIX shells/scripting languages, (sh/bash, csh/tcsh, Perl, Python)
- Experience with Network Storage, Management of Network Appliances preferred.
- Ability to support waterfall and agile methodologies
- Ability to be productive in a dynamic work environment; well organized, show initiative, and accept responsibility for issues and their resolution
Nice to have:
- Experience managing, building/hosting applications in AWS or GCP
- Some understanding of Kubernetes, GCP, Google Apps Script & a willingness to acclimate to Alibaba Cloud technologies
- Someone who is security oriented, and familiar with tools such as Hashicorp Vault (or other secrets management related tools)
- Experience with Google API's, Google Cloud Shell, GP-IAM, G Suite Admin SDK
- Logging/monitoring (e.g., Splunk, Sumo, ELK, etc.)
- Experience with the following tools: Git, Chef and/or Puppet
- Experience with SQL