Senior Manager – Chassis Mechanical Systems
As a Senior Manager, you will have ownership and freedom to organize and prioritize engineers while they conceptualize, design and develop various sub-systems and components within the Chassis Engineering organization. The Senior Manager will report to the Director.
Vehicle Engineering – Chassis & Driving Dynamics
- Manage engineers for design, release and development of automotive sub-systems and components in CATIA V5/V6 environment.
- Implement best practices to achieve world class execution of automotive function, fit & finish.
- Take responsibility for the completion and release of component, sub-system and system designs, utilizing a mix of in-house design and supplier engineering.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams within Byton - Vehicle Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Design - and in external Supplier groups.
- Organize and prioritize the predictive verification of designs using a wide range of tools, including but not limited to first principles analysis, 1-D modelling and complex numerical methods such as finite element, mold flow and multibody system analysis.
- Write design verification plans for systems, subsystems and components.
- Organize and prioritize the execution of design verification plans with internal and external test resources.
- Support overall vehicle development milestones and prototype/production build events.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in automotive component and subsystem design, demonstrating technical aptitude from concept through release for production doing 3D modeling in CATIA V5/V6.
- Significant knowledge of automotive chassis systems including suspension, steering and brakes.
- In-depth technical familiarity with appropriate manufacturing technologies to achieve feasible designs first time.
- Self-motivated, with a desire to continuously improve and learn.
- Proven ability to think clearly and from first principles when presented with unfamiliar engineering issues.
- Strong working knowledge of Design for Manufacturing and Design for Assembly.
- Demonstrable ability to manage complex projects with tight timing constraints.
- Strong leadership and mentorship capability.
- Strong knowledge of and interest in adjacent disciplines, eg vehicle dynamics, vehicle evaluation, digital dynamic systems.