Primarily responsible for development and execution of company-wide diagnostic strategies for all of BYTON. Lead the corporate diagnostic requirements definition and communication with internal and external teams.
E/E Architecure Engineering
Santa Clara, CA, USA
• Support suppliers and other vehicle/system teams and departments in planning and use of test automation suite and bench testing (manual and/or automated)
• Lead the corporate diagnostics core strategy
• Work with gateway team to implement diagnostics requirements for UDS over CAN and DoIP
• Advise and guide component teams on diagnostics implementation requirements
• Analayze diagnostic logs to trouble shoot component deviations.
• Perform Competitive Benchmarking as per company guidelines and program needs.
• Evaluate new ECU component hardware and technology for compliance with diagnostic strategies. Analyze, plan, and solve complex system problems related to diagnostic development.
• Lead or actively participate in the development of diagnostic algorithms to address new requirements
• Lead or actively participate in meetings with management, product design and systems teams.
• Track, Escalate and help Resolve diagnostics issues, present summaries and reports - as needed
o Bachelors (required) or Masters (preferred) degree in Engineering or related field
o 10+ years of delivering technical products as a Specialist, Staff Engineer or Lead Engineer
o 5+ years of experience with diagnostics communication, validation methods and test tools
o Experience designing diagnostics on CAN and DoIP
o Engineering/Design Release/Manufacturing/Quality experience in an OEM (preferred)
o Experience of C / C++, VB, Matlab/Simulink, INCA, CAN, Minitab, Doors, JIRA, JAMA etc.
o Experience and/or thorough knowledge of ISO (9001, 9141, 26262, 14229, 15504, 16949 etc.), SPICE, ECE, EOBD, CNCA/GB, FMVSS, SAE (J1850, J1962, J1978, J1979, J2012, J2178 etc.) standards
o Relevant technical and professional accreditations
o Experience of developing future technology strategies