Manager, Embedded Software Validation
As an Embedded Software Validation Manager in the E/E Systems team at BYTON, you will be leading the team responsible for the integration and validation of software applications deployed on the central gateway and telematics unit in a next generation electric car. You will work with requirements, hardware, firmware, and integration managers to coordinate team activities in the generation of validation requirements, tests, testing infrastructure, and validation reports. Your team will be responsible for validation of all in-house created software applications, encompassing the following areas (non-exhaustive): over the air updating (OTA), power state machine, keyless entry, vehicle safety and security, and message routing. Additionally, your team will also validate all in-vehicle network (i.e. CAN, Ethernet, WiFi) and off-car communications (i.e. LTE, vehicle updating, diagnostic reporting). You will be part of a global team, with members based in Santa Clara, CA and Nanjing, China.
Santa Clara, California
- Manage team responsible for test creation, automation, and development of test infrastructure. Team comprised of internal and contractor resources (word-wide).
- Help to drive creation of specifications, test plans, and user instructions for test equipment and test software.
- Work with program management team to develop schedules for validation activities.
- Work with cross functional management team (e.g. HW, FW, DevOps) to evaluate requirements and scope test plans.
- Help to triage issues discovered by integration engineers during the software deployment validation cycle.
- Scope system dashboards for reporting of validation activities.
- BS / MS in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Ability to work with cross functional management team (e.g. HW, SW, QA)
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Experience with test plan management and execution (V-Model).
- 5+ years managing integration and validation teams.
- Experience with continuous integration methodologies and tools (e.g. Jenkins, Jira, Jama).
- Familiarity with the Python scripting language and/or Labview a plus.
- Familiarity with the Linux operating system and development practices a plus (e.g. Buildroot/ Yocto, Makefiles, compilers).
- Ability to lead a local and global validation team.