Android developer for vehicle access – Wireless Team
As a Android developer for vehicle access, you will participate in the development of the smartphone app
- Develop the next generation of vehicle access. Architect & develop Android apps that use BluetoothLE/BLE to interact with our vehicle hardware.
- Create an develop the custom BYTON vehicle access BLE Android framework/SDK.
- Create Android app software that communicates through BLE with the vehicle and other devices
- Work closely with stakeholders (architects, product owners, project managers) and other development team members
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field. 3+ years of experience in Android app development, with strong programming skills such as Java, C/C++.
- Knowledge of core Android APIs, security practices, frameworks, facilities and paradigms
- Good understanding of Android related programming patterns and operating system facilities
- Fluent in Kotlin
- Deep understanding of Android SDK and Android Studio
- Deep understanding of BLE
- Experience developping apps communicating with devices through BLE (Eddystone/Beacons, health sensors, etc)
- REST experience is a plus
- Personal open source Kotlin Android projects/contributions is a big plus
- Experience with creating APIs or Libraries for third party developers
- Familiar with Linux build environment and Android Studio IDE.
- Experience in working with QA, build, and product teams.
- Strong problem solving skills.