Imagine what YOU could do here at BYTON where we rethink automobile concepts of yesterday and focus on building the next-generation smart device on wheels.
Join our team of diverse perspectives gleaned through a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skill sets that enable the innovation we need to be successful!
In your role as Perceived Quality Leader, you will interface with various teams from Engineering, Color & Trim Studio, suppliers and Manufacturing to assess the perceived quality of vehicle commodities based on BYTON brand reputation and benchmark.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead and report Perceived Quality initiatives at Manufacturing Plant.
- Establish and follow-up Perceived Quality database by Program/sub-systems/components.
- Report perceived quality status to Program and Management in gate reviews.
- Ensure high level of harmony between different components of a sub-system.
- Support Manufacturing plant in case of perceived quality /appearance issues or new appearance requirements including new developments.
- Degree qualified or similar qualification in engineering discipline.
- Good level of numeracy, literacy and logical reasoning skills.
- Attention to detail and an understanding of the factors that create a perception of exceptional quality in the mind of the consumer.
- An impact and contribution to dimensional variation in assemblies.
- Understanding of statistical analysis.
- An appreciation of how subjective data can be measured or quantified to develop robust, representative Perceived Quality targets.
- Creative, constructive and positive approach to be able to positively contribute to the development of design solutions to meet Perceived Quality targets.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Automotive product design knowledge experience.
- Demonstration of knowledge in a variety of production and prototype manufacturing methods.
- Flexibility to work across interior, exterior and secondary zones areas of vehicle design.
- Capable of leading, managing and completing projects with appropriate support from management.
- Perceived Quality ownership of attribute deliverables for defined vehicle systems or areas.
- Benchmarking of competitor vehicles and consolidate data to define a robust and appropriately competitive Perceived Quality target.
- Review and approval of gap and flush and fit and finish control documents.
- Support and represent the Perceived Quality attribute at all relevant meetings with the product design and development activities.
- Support on verification testing and evaluating methods development to ensure all targets are validated at Manufacturing plant.
- Drive closure of Perceived Quality issues and concerns in JIRA through negotiation, quantitative data, influence and constructive alternative solution recommendation.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BS in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering; MS preferred
- Engineering product development to execute world class automotive components designs.
- Interface with design studio team, cross functional engineering teams such as Interiors, Exteriors, Secondary Surfaces and other engineering groups to achieve Perceived Quality standards.
- Assist in the development of criteria in CAD for visible surfaces.
- Recommends and help implement design changes to improve Perceived Quality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent program management skills
- Experience with GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing), Color and Trim definitions.
- Experience in Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, power Point).
- Knowledge of Plastic injection molding, manufacturing processes, tooling, fixture design.
- Willing to travel at international level.
- Excellent communication skills