Vehicle Package Architecture defines the geometric constraints required to deliver proper vehicle function and acceptable attribute performance, thus assisting with the delivery of all customer perceived attributes.
As the Vehicle Mechanical Package Engineer, you will have the overall technical responsibility for the development of the vehicle architecture, providing innovative packaging solutions for problems relating to underbody, underhood, exteriors, and Interiors.
If this is something that interests you, and you have passion for electric vehicles, energy efficiency, new technology and want to make a difference, we would like to talk!
Vehicle Integration – Vehicle Architecture
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Support the mechanical lay out and packaging of vehicle components to define the architecture of the vehicle to meet system and vehicle level requirements while optimizing for efficiency, quality, cost, weight, manufacturability and serviceability.
Assist with building the Digital Mock Up (DMU) and check systems interfaces to ensure buildable configuration.
Run weekly clash reports and cross functional meetings to solve problems.
Establish and maintain a close working relationship with all areas both internally & within supplier base with emphasis on collaboration to assess feasibiltiy and innovative solutions to solve problems.
Communicate efficiently and effectively and present technical reports confidently in group settings.
Assist with developing design guidelines and procedures to develop platform and vehicle architecture to achieve vehicle level performance, and meet the overall vehicle level targets.
Provide input to improve efficiency of our methods and process.
- BS in Engineering (BSME, BSEE, BSIE…) - all experience levels considered.
- 2+ years in vehicle packaging or CAD design with an expertise in either Body Structure, Chassis, Powertrain, Interiors or Exteriors.
- Skilled in CATIA V5/V6 or Solidworks.
- Experience with Product Life Cycle Management Tools is a plus.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Proven problem solving and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, with a desire to continuously improve and learn.
- Passion for electric vehicles, energy efficiency, new technology, and making a difference.