FACILITIES MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Byton is looking for a confident and friendly Facilities Maintenance Technician to join the Facilities team and care for multiple locations, keep an eye out for security, and assist in smooth office and facility operations. This role requires superior attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple, critical requests with great organizational skills. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information. Tremendous professionalism in dealing with people inside and outside the company as well as a good sense of humor.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround and take effective action without having to know the total picture.
Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Work closely and assist the Facilities Manager in all aspects of facilities maintenance.
- Perform facility inspections and report on condition affecting operations.
- Ensure that premises and equipment are well-maintained.
- Review and understand equipment and methods of operation, BMS system, fire/life safety, and other systems
- Respond to internal work tickets assigned by the Facilities staff.
- Coordinate and escort vendors to perform all major maintenance and repairs in the facility. (i.e. plumber, electrician)
- Performs simple maintenance tasks including hanging whiteboards & pictures, light bulb changes, checks of major equipment, checks on HVAC units, minor painting, small electrical and plumbing repairs.
- Perform internal office moves and move large equipment or furniture.
- Assist Facilities Team on all projects and events.
- Comply with all safety procedures and requirements.
- Perform special assignments as requested and needed.
- High School diploma.
- 1-3 years of facilities related experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude (helpful, not required)
- Must be customer focused and display a professional demeanor.
- Experience with a computer
- Communicate effectively both orally and writing.
- Maintain detailed and accurate reports.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with Facilities staff, employees and other contractors.
- Ability to carry out assigned tasks and projects to their completion.
- Ability to identify and solve routine problems as they occur.
- Physical demands and requirements of this position include standing, walking, witting, reading, stooping, climbing.
- Ladders, crawling in through low spaces, heavy lifting and moving of computers and other heavy equipment.
- Able to think on your feet. You thrive under pressure and can manage competing priorities quickly and effectively.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Proactive. You anticipate issues and roadblocks before they happen.
- Ability to work in diverse culture, fast-paced work environment.