Under the direction of the Sr. Retail Network Development Manager - NA, the Financial Services, Insurance, & Risk Manager - NA will be responsible for developing and executing BYTON’s financial services product portfolio development and related risk management strategies in the US & Canada. This role additionally requires the ability to negotiate with partners to secure access to financial services products. The Financial Services, Insurance, & Risk Manager’s activities will support the development and execution of premium customer experiences both online and at BYTON retail locations.
- Develop, propose, and present North American financial services product portfolio & subscription offer strategies, as well as related Residual Value (RV) & Credit Risk management strategies.
- Translate financial services product & risk management strategies into a Go-to-market and annual operational plan.
- Support the adaptation of financial services product offerings & customer journeys according to unique local market and regulatory conditions.
- Engage with and develop favorable relationships with banks, insurance companies, Residual Value prognosis institutes, subscription platform and other partners.
- Manage relationships with industry partners, including negotiating of contracts, commissions, & other partner benefit structures.
- Develop processes, protocols, and key performance indicators (KPIs) for executing and monitoring partner financial services and risk management standards, addressing performance shortfalls with partners when necessary.
- Evaluation and selection of partners to ensure premium customer experiences both online and at BYTON retail locations.
- Advocate cross-functionally for frictionless online pre-order, purchase, payment, and contract modification processes.
- Keep up to date with innovations in automotive fintech solutions; pursue opportunities to translate trends into unique customer experiences.
- Collaborate with third parties to ensure a comprehensive understanding of BYTON product requirements & establish premium financing experiences for customers.
- Assist in the development of the annual budget and ensure all expenses are managed accordingly.
- Attend relevant conferences and exhibitions, representing BYTON with influential automaker/supplier, government, consumer, and other stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Ability to travel – up to 15% (Domestic & International)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience within the automotive financial services, risk management, and/or insurance industries
- Comprehensive understanding of automotive financial services products, as well as related Residual Value (RV) & Credit Risk management strategies
- Experience working with vendors, contractors, & other third-party stakeholders on executing financial services product portfolio projects
- Proven track record of working successfully with external business partners
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills (statistical, mathematical, data)
- Entrepreneurial thinking and ability to work with a varying level of ambiguity and uncertainty
- Excellent written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Knowledge of the North American premium vehicle market (desired)
- Start-up experience (desired)