As a senior-level Product Development Engineer in Interiors, you will have ownership to manage the designing, developing, engineering and creative activities for the vehicle Instrument Panel.
- Engineer and develop world class automotive interior components to meet styling intent, design and meet requirements;
- Interface with design studio team, cross functional engineering teams such as BIW (Body in White), electrical and other engineering groups to achieve technical feasible designs;
- Direct and supervise supplier CAD designs;
- Design and review product development documentation including BOMs, DVP&R using established systems;
- Assist/Lead PDT (Product Development team) efforts for interior components;
- Track subsystem targets (cost, timing, mass, ECRs, etc.);
- Assist/Lead in the development of criteria and typical sections (CATIA math data) for interior components;
- Recommends and implements design changes for prototype testing;
- Researches and develops design solutions for interior components engineering issues;
- Maintain open issues lists, coordinate open issues meetings and be responsible to drive all open issues to closure of assigned commodities.
- BS in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering;
- 7 - 10 years hands on IP product development experience, preferable within an OEM or Tier One;
- Proven experience in automotive of interior component design using CATIA V5/V6;
- Experience with GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing), DVP&R (Design Verification Plan and Report);
- Plastic injection molding (both tooling and design), applicable manufacturing processes, tooling, fixture design and product validation experience;
- Program management skills;
- Ability to travel internationally.