ADAS System Application and Calibration ; Highway Assist (HA) Lateral Control Functions (AD, Lv2)
Turning the car into the next-generation smart device requires combined forces right from the start. At BYTON automobiles and digital literacy are equally at home with each other. BYTON Concept epitomizes the first-ever purpose-built car aimed towards a fully autonomous future.
In BYTON ADAS/AD team we are working with the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning, sensor/computing technology and computer vision to build next generation of AD/ADAS system ranging from L0-L4. We have a tremendous challenge to introduce latest autonomous driving technology in fast pace manner in BYTON car. We as a team believe in working hard, dedication and passion to build next generation autonomous system and introduce the same in BYTON smart and safe vehicles.
In BYTON AD/ADAS team we are building a high-performance team who is excited to solve engineering challenges and is passionate about making next generation autonomous system. BYTON AD/ADAS team is looking for engineers who are excited to be part of this team.
ADAS system calibration team is responsible for calibration of ADAS ECU algorithm, vehicle level testing, vehicle level user experience testing to improve performance and robusteness for ADAS system usage.
Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Technical lead to plan, manage and execute ADAS/AD system calibration for High Way Assist lateral Control functions for HA hands-Off/Hands-On and also Driver triggered Auto Lane Change (ALC).
- Interface and manage ADAS suppliers and co-ordinate with Byton’s internal stakeholders
- Lead the development of comprehensive system calibration, test protocol, test setup & planning and test execution for High Way Assist lateral Control functions
- Manage over all timing of calibration release and introduction of High Way Assist lateral Control functions
- Manage all High Way Assist lateral Control functions calibration related open points, report and plan to close for the team
- Work closely with suppliers on calibration/fine tuning of ADAS High Way Assist lateral Control functions in order to meet product specification and requirements and best user experience.
- Lead discussion with supplier for any technical issue.
- Work closely with homologation or certification team
- Lead performance issues like root cause analysis and tracking to closure
- Lead and conduct base calibration setting in the lab (internal/external) and vehicle
- Benchmark competitive vehicles to compare performance, to define functional target and engineering specifications.
- Support and interface with the team of ADAS integration, power electronics, vehicle integration, E/E system engineers to ensure ADAS feature releases.
- Provide input in the creation of system specification, system DFMEA, and other technical design documents where analysis plays a central role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited University.
- Advanced degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering with specialty autonomous driving technology and/or power electronics is a plus.
- Expert knowledge in ADAS feature calibration, verification/validation
- Hands-on experience in test execution on test bench, HIL or in vehicle
- Experience working with suppliers
- Experience working with in-vehicle data acquisition systems
- Good understanding of ADAS/Autonomous driving technologies
- Knowledge of automotive ADAS safety standards such as NCAP, ISO for ADAS/AD and ISO26262 is a plus
- Experience working with global teams is a plus
- 5+ years of working experience in calibration and vehicle testing, including at least 2 years of experience with ADAS/AD Lane Centering function calibration
- In-plant and/or program/vehicle launch experience.
- Working experience with automotive ADAS systems design, packaging and assembly requirements is a plus