Imaging Engineer, Intern
As a Imaging Engineer, you will have ownership to design and develop tools that are used to analyze, correlate, and improve the performance of the various in-cabin cameras including the selfie camera, driver monitoring camera, and gesture camera. The Imaging Engineer’s responsibilities also include designing and developing improved tuning tools or novel algorithms to be implemented within the signal processing pipeline.
- Design and test applications for image quality testing.
- Design and test applications for signal processing tuning.
- Consult on calibration criteria for optimal camera performance.
- Drive third party vendors on camera related performance improvements.
- Design and test spectral measurements using a spectrophotometer
- Design and test camera specifications using Optis/Catia simulation software
- Travel to Asia is expected
- S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Imaging Science, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related fields.
- Experience in imaging camera (RGB,IR) or depth camera (stereo, structured light, ToF) development, sensing system design and integration
- Experience in light projector and illumination system design
- Experience in camera signal processing and calibration
- Experience in C, C++, Matlab, or Python