As a member of the quality team, you will be providing multiple services to support the quality and process excellence goals of the product and the company. You must be able to work in an ever changing start-up environment and work towards developing world class processes for a global company. A passion for vehicles is very important. The Corporate Quality Intern will report to the Sr Quality Engineer.
- Supports maintainance and improvement of vehicle quality, using the do-it-right-the-first-time concept, by measuring performance and driving improvements, in addition to completing product, process, people, systems, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigating customer, audit, and testing issues & complaints; collaborating with other members of management and support teams to develop & enhance our products, processes, and teams
- Assist cross-functional quality work between engineering groups and other functional areas
- Support DFMEAs, and assist SQ/Manufacturing with PFMEAs performed on all product areas.
- Supports the preparion of quality documentation and reports - by developing measurement strategies and glidepaths; collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends on issue identification and resolution plans and implementation targets.
- Assist leadership in development of business processes as required
- Assist in the creation of Quality processes and procedures utilizing APQP
- Assist where required in the development of a world class product including writing material, testing and process specifications
- Support the preparation of material for teaching classes and leading workshops on Quality topics including DFMEA, PFMEA and Control Plans, KPCs, APQP, PPAP, Gage R&R, SPC, Hypothesis Testing, Design of Experiment, Problem Solving techniques.
- Support the audit of fit & finish, GD&T principles and manufacturing processes for metal, plastic, composite materials.
- Support the implementation of VDA SPICE and provide training as required.
- Support the implementation of ISO 26262 for future platforms
- Quality verification of firmware/software validation testing
- Audit validation & release processes to ensure integrity and completeness
- Support validation of DVP&R and quality processes by confirming product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production products, processes & vehicles; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating respective procedures to improve vehicle quality. Drive Results.
- Support quality verification of CAE simulation validation demonstrating properties for the models for Safety, NVH and Durability.
- Assist in the establishment and use of Document Control
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams within Byton Vehicle Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Supplier Quality, Manufacturing and Manufacturing Quality and others to ensure system manufacturing and assembly feasibility and serviceability.
- 9+ months cumulative experience from prior internships roles within an Automotive or aerospace engineering environment;
- Currently in process of pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's in Mechanical, Electrical, or related engineering field;
- Statistical knowledge essential, using, Minitab or another analysis tool;
- Product development and validation experience;
- Hands-on testing experience;
- Proven problem tracking and solving with a demonstrated ability to manage a complex project(s) within tight timing constraints;
- Exposure and/or knowledge of GD&T;
- Self-motivated, with a desire to continuously improve and learn.