Under the direction of the Sr. Retail Network Development Manager - NA, the Retail Network Development Manager - NA will be responsible for developing and executing BYTON’s retail network development strategy in the US & Canada. This role requires the ability to collaborate with BYTON partners to support the network build-out plan in order to enable premium customer experiences at BYTON retail locations.
- Develop, propose, and present North American retail and partner network strategies.
- Translate network development strategies into a Go-to-market and annual operational plan.
- Support the adaptation of network strategies and sales formats according to unique local market and regulatory conditions.
- Engage with and develop favorable relationships with retail and other partners.
- Manage relationships with industry partners, including negotiating of contracts, commissions, & other partner benefit structures.
- Develop partner retail sales performance standards, and the processes, protocols, and key performance indicators (KPIs) for monitoring them, addressing performance shortfalls with partners when necessary.
- Proactively identify potential conflicts with partner retail & other sales channels; manage potential conflict through transparent communication and by supporting adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Evaluation and selection of real estate partners to ensure access to premium BYTON retail locations in identified markets.
- Jointly develop and promote innovative & customer-oriented retail experiences with the Marketing, Product, Digital Technology, and Aftersales Departments.
- Collaborate with third parties to ensure a comprehensive understanding of BYTON product requirements & establish premium retail experiences for customers & fans.
- Advocate cross-functionally for a seamless and premium Online-to-Offline retail experience.
- Strategic alignment with all physical & digital retail initiatives developed by BYTON globally.
- Assist in the development of the annual budget and ensure all expenses are managed accordingly.
- Attend relevant conferences and exhibitions, representing BYTON with influential automaker/supplier, government, consumer, and other stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Ability to travel – up to 25% (Domestic & International)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience within the automotive and/or retail industries.
- Comprehensive understanding of retail processes, customer journeys, and CRM concepts.
- Proven track record of working successfully with external business partners
- Entrepreneurial thinking and ability to work with a varying level of ambiguity and uncertainty
- Excellent written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Knowledge of the North American premium vehicle market
- Experience working with vendors, contractors, & other third-party stakeholders on executing retail projects (desired).
- Knowledge of commercial real estate concepts; experience working with commercial real estate agents (desired).
- Start-up experience (desired)