Senior Engineer; System Engineer Vehicle Motion Control
Senior Engineer; ADAS System engineering team is responsible for ADAS software features definition, vehicle integration, testing & validation, system release and introduction in production for state-of-the-art connected electric vehicles.
Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Technical lead and responsible for system architecture definition of ADAS system which include interfacing with other sub-systems, sensors and actuator.
- Work closely with supplier, system engineers, HW component engineer and other BYTON subsystem team to define system architecture for ADAS system.
- Defining system level testing along with system engineer responsible for features
- Responsible for defining of system testing and supporting implementation at end of line in production factory.
- Single point of contact for any system level issue
- Responsible of integration of all ADAS features from architecture standpoint in system level to identify functional dependencies.
- Support sensor integration in the vehicle from architectural standpoint
- First point of contact for any ADAS system level issue reported from vehicle and further coordinate with component and feature responsible.
- Perform joint validation testing along with supplier as needed.
- Participate field testing along with Verification&Validation team
- Review test result with Verification&Validation team and support to debug field issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited University.
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering with specialty autonomous driving technology and/or power electronics is a plus.
- Good working knowledge of ADAS architcture definition, software features specification definition, test specification creation, test simulation creation & testing, vehicle validation and release in production
- Good working knowledge of ADAS software features interface definition with other subsystem like powertrain, chassis, UI/UX etc.
- Good working knowledge of functional safety implementation in automotive system is a plus
- Good working knowledge of diagnostic software feature implementation in automotive system is a plus
- Good working knowledge of ADAS HW components software interface definition like Camera, Radar, Lidar, Ultrasonic sensors, ECU etc.
- Experience with ADAS software development, integration is a plus
- Good working knowledge in design verification & validation, test planning and test execution
- Hands-on experience in test execution on test bench, HIL or in vehicle
- Experience with data acquisition and logging systems
- Experience with automotive communication protocol such as CAN, LIN
- Experience with working with CAN analysis tools such as Vector CANanlyzer, Kvsaer
- Experience with electrical wiring and integration is a plus
- Good understanding of Autonomous driving technologies is a plus
- Experience with hardware-in-loop systems for verification of ADAS features is a plus
- Knowledge of automotive ADAS safety standards such as NCAP, ISO for ADAS/AD and ISO26262 is a plus
- Experience working with global teams is a plus
- Working experience with automotive systems design, packaging and assembly requirements is a plus
- 5+ years of working experience in design and/or verification and validation of automotive software and systems, including at least 2-3 years with ADAS/AD
- In-plant and/or program/vehicle launch experience is a plus