As a Design and Release Engineer, you will have ownership to conceptualize, design and develop various electrical components within the Electrical/Electronic Engineering organization. The Design and Release Engineer will report to the department manager.
- Design and release of Exterior electrical components within the vehicle, in collaboration with the exteriors team
- Be the electrical expert in helping the Exteriors team design and develop the best electrical components possible.
- Own the electrical interface between the components and electronic modules
- Develop device transmittals, detailing voltage, current, fusing, communications and software requirements for your devices
- Release components in the PLM system
- Ensure that components are packaged in 3D without any interferences
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of all design quality documents, such as FMEAs, DVP&R, Root Cause Analysis etc.
- Collaborate with key systems and component suppliers and support overall vehicle development milestones and prototype/production build events.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams within Byton to ensure system manufacturing and assembly feasibility and serviceability.
- Help device owner with creating the RFQ package to be submitted to potential suppliers
- Assist with creating change request as part of the release process
- Support SQA in supplier APQA and PPAP process
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with automotive electrical components, either as a design or release engineer
- Automotive experience at an OEM or Tier 1
- Must be self-motivated, with a desire to continuously improve and learn.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects with tight timing constraints, providing examples of such scenarios throughout ones career.
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacturing
- Must excel in a collaborative development team environment.
- Must be able to work effectively with staff and customers at all levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills