The Sr. Human Resources Operations Specialist reports to the Director/Head of, HR – North America, the Sr. HR Operations Specialist will function as the ‘hub’ for our North America HR team operations. Ideal candidate will possess specialty experience in assisting with Payroll activities and managing Benefits Administration & New Hire On-boarding, as well as, some Generalist functions in Office Management & Facilities. This level is conducive to someone who has a few years of direct project management experience (working with various internal teams and external vendors and having R&R’s with a high-level of work accountability) and truly enjoys a busy & high-energy work environment.
Payroll Administrator (for Payroll Administration)
- Utilization of ADP WorkforceNow. Ensure accuracy of all data being inputted.
- Under supervision of the Payroll & Tax Manager - day-to-day partnership as it relates to all associated US-payroll activities and reporting requirements to our China-based headquarters.
- Payroll processing - Process semi-monthly US-payroll for all exempt & non-exempt personnel.
- New hire on-boarding – Create new hire profiles in ADP; send out ‘reminders’ to new hires re: new hire insurance enrollment periods & deadlines; generate ESOP weekly audit report for Global Equity Manager (located in Hong Kong).
- Timeline & workflow project management, partnering with HRBP’s on the following workflow – internal transfers, status changes, inpat & expat assignments, employee de-boarding (final paycheck processing, etc), LOA’s, etc.
- Manage personnel records in the HR-network inbox/folder as it relates to all employee-related changes, including stock administration documentations & agreements, as applicable.
Benefits Specialist (for Benefits Administration)
- Point-of-contact for employee benefits inquiries and escalations (in which they will work with Byton’s Benefits insurance brokers and various carriers to resolve cases). This may include new hire insurance enrollments, claims escalation, etc.
- Manage benefit-related accounts and invoices, working with Accounting & Finance for invoice payment processing.
- Manage the annual benefits open enrollment process (Q3-Q4, annually) with the insurance broker, including all meeting logistics (such as, prepping presentations [if needed], coordinating with IT staff for meeting set-up, meeting invitations to all staff (including international meeting setup for those traveling, etc.)
- Assist HR Business Partner’s (HRBP) with benefit escalations coming from their business units.
- Manage the leave of absence (LOA) process – including SDI filings, etc. - working with HR Business Partners and Payroll & Tax Manager on all related logistics from start of/return from LOA.
- Stay current in Federal & State benefit-related legalities. Update HR Team with any upcoming changes.
- Responsible for updating related policies & procedures, as applicable – may work with HR Team members, Legal, insurance broker, Benefits Consultants, Finance and/or Accounting, as needed.
HR Operations Management
- Manage the entire on-boarding activities for new hires, not limited to: Disseminate new hire info to on-boarding groups (HR, IT, Facilities, etc.); project manage & conduct new hire orientation on a weekly basis; Track new hire benefits enrollment in ADP, etc.
- Day-to-day partnership with HR Coordinator to manage office operations. ‘Back-up’ to the following tasks & duties – Travel activities (checking mailbox for inquiries, travel booking and overall Concur platform); Corporate Housing; Lunch catering/menu selection (including checking office HC, working with Catering vendor, invoice management and sending out weekly e-mails on weekly menu); Management of HR cell phone and e-mail inbox; HR credit card reconciliation; Office supplies (management, inventory, invoices); Business card ordering & distribution; Liaison with IT on internal MS-Teams account management.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree or a combination of Associates degree with minimum # of years of related experience, as listed below.
- Minimum 5-7 years of related HR Generalist or Specialist responsibilities, including 2+ years related experience in payroll and benefits experience required.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State payroll & benefits provisions and guidelines.
- Recent experiences working in a high-growth, high-tech, global startup environment, exposed to multi-national and multi-generational workforce, in addition to, field/regional work (as opposed to working in HQ).
- Heavy exposure working with Asia-Pacific (APAC) offices, highly desired.
- Proficient in (and recent) ADP WorkforceNow experience (within past 2 years), a must, as well as, MS-Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) with a high-aptitude to learn other, related systems software quickly.
- Experience with Concur Travel and corporate housing activities, a huge plus!
- High risk-tolerance due to start-up infrastructure.
- Excellent verbal & written professional communication skills, as this position will have exposure to all levels of personnel (staff to Executive Management level).
- Efficient multi-tasking skills with the ability to work in an extremely fast-paced and ever-changing environment. Must be comfortable working in ambiguous situations and under general instructions, if applicable.
- High-attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Proven excellent customer service skills – various client groups to support (internal & external).
- Structured work approach and strong focus on delivering timely and high-quality work and HR-excellence.
- Good judgment and ability to prioritize and multitask in a dynamic and busy environment
- Well-balance, level-headed attitude when confronted with sensitive cases.
- Possess cultural sensitivity (due to multi-national & multi-generational workforce).
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-environment, as applicable. Possesses a supportive ‘business partnering’ attitude and work style.
- Can maintain professional confidentiality.
- Creative, ‘think-outside-the box’ approach (typically comes with relevant years of experience & situational exposure).
- Non-‘high & mighty’ attitude – accepts both the operational/hands-on related (administrative, clerical, routine) tasks, as well as, leveraging opportunities to showcase strategic thinking and offering ideas that will help better develop HR workflow & programs and create more efficiency.