Byton Corporation, a leading-edge electric vehicle design, manufacturing and distribution company based in Nanjing, China and Santa Clara California is looking to fill the position of North American Marketing, Sales And Service (MSS) Controller. The position is presently based in Santa Clara, California and will matrix report to the head of North American Finance and the global Marketing, Sales and Service controller.
You will engage in a very fast growing business with a strong presence globally. You will look after full controlling function. As a team leader, you will need to drive the team, coach and training staff to improve performance and productivity to maximize operational and cost effectiveness.
If this is something that interests you, and you have passion for electric vehicles, energy efficiency, new technology and want to make a difference, we would like to talk!
- Work closely with the NA Marketing, Sales And Service operating team to develop and implement the Go To Market plan; develop and maintain financial analysis to support the process as well as control costs (implementation and ongoing)
- Prepare Finance systems, processes and analyses for US and Canada including but not limit to support for Pricing strategy, policy development and implementation, business model evaluation and support Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team for Income Statement and Balance Sheet management.
- Set up financial systems, processes and analyses for ongoing sales, service and other related businesses by working closely with relevant business stakeholders, FP&A, IT/ERP systems and Accounting.
- Standardize processes in scope, and apply continuous improvement methodologies and principles to deliver increased efficiency and productivity
- Partner with Accounting and FP&A to support daily finance operating processes including but not limited to data flow, owner, deadline management as well as information and analyses needed for financial reporting and markets statutory requirements.
- Develop physicals-based budgeting, forecasting and reporting process with strong partnership with Global MSS Controller, FP&A and core business partners
- Support the operating team with clear, transparent financial analysis and sound business judgement.
- Identify and drive discussion and resolution of business issues related to performance variances to budget or forecast.
- Maintain a robust Compliance and Control environment -- improve level of policy and process documentation, leads compliance initiatives, transparent incident reporting and escalation
- Partner with MSS country head, and Shared Service Accounting team as well as Internal Auditors to continue enhance the compliance environment by identifying issues and developing providing timely updates to processes and policies to address these issues as well as the latest business demands
- Build organizational capability and resiliency by driving talent management and retention processes, people development programs, and business continuity planning
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree preferably with major in Finance or Accounting
- 10+ years’ experience in Finance with emphasis on analysis and management reporting in addition to accounting and controls.
- Team-oriented leader willing to work transparently with operating partners and finance team members both within the region and globally
- Well-organized business person experienced with multiple types of analyses and transactions within a global legal trading structure
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with willingness to work in a true start-up environment and a hands-on approach
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong focus on customers, their experiences and how best to fulfill them
- Demonstrated ability to develop a finance team from the ground up to support Byton’s needs in the marketing, sales and service arena
- Solid working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Project management experience
- Prior automotive finance experience
- Experience in setting up a new organization