Under the direction the Sr. Retail Network Development Manager - NA, the Dealer (Store) Development Manager - NA will be responsible for defining operating standards for BYTON retail locations & collaborating with strategic partners to ensure these standards are upheld. This role additionally requires the ability to negotiate with vendors to secure access to high-quality furniture, digital technologies, hospitality services, etc. for BYTON retail partners. The Center Development Manager’s activities will support the development and execution of premium customer experiences at BYTON retail locations.
- Develop processes, protocols, and key performance indicators (KPIs) for executing and monitoring partner retail standards, addressing performance shortfalls with partners when necessary.
- Engage with and develop favorable relationships with furniture, lighting, digital technology, hospitality services, and other vendors.
- Evaluation and selection of partners to ensure premium customer experiences at BYTON retail locations.
- Negotiate contracts with partners to guarantee access to high-quality products & services for BYTON retail partners.
- Collaborate with third parties to ensure a comprehensive understanding of BYTON product requirements & establish premium retail experiences for customers & fans.
- Advocate cross-functionally for a seamless and premium Online-to-Offline retail experience.
- Keep up to date with innovations in AR & VR technologies; pursue opportunities to translate trends into unique customer experiences
- Strategic alignment with all physical & digital retail initiatives developed by BYTON globally.
- Attend relevant conferences and exhibitions, representing BYTON with influential automaker/supplier, government, consumer, and other stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Ability to travel – up to 20% (Domestic & International)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience within the automotive and/or retail industries.
- Comprehensive understanding of retail processes, customer journeys, and CRM concepts.
- Proven track record of working successfully with external business partners
- Entrepreneurial thinking and ability to work with a varying level of ambiguity and uncertainty
- Excellent written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Experience working with vendors, contractors, & other third-party stakeholders on executing retail projects (desired).
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art AR & VR technologies (desired).
- Knowledge of the North American premium vehicle market (desired).
- Startup experience (desired)