The Firmware Engineering Manager will lead a team of highly experienced firmware/software engineers in developing our central gateway and telematics unit for our EV vehicles. The right candidate must have extensive experience developing production code for embedded systems and can translate that experience into driving architecture decisions, implementing sound development practices, and provide a technical interface with the hardware and systems teams.
- Lead, recruit, develop, and inspire a strong FW/SW team while creating a culture of ownership and commitment to developing our products.
- Drive the team in selecting FW/SW development tools, developing a coding style and standard, developing and implementing code management and release models, creating documentation and specifications, and developing full regression testing paradigms.
- Direct and manage the development of new products, bring-up of new HW platforms, and product enhancing feature sets that bring value to our products.
- Collaborate with internal engineering teams to develop new products by assessing needs, developing solutions, agreeing upon specifications, and driving your team to meet development timelines built around these parameters.
Education and Experience:
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent related combination of degree and/or experience.
- Minimum 10 years of experience developing firmware for embedded systems. Minimum of 3 years in a management role.
- Strong leadership skills and sense of personal responsibility for your team’s performance and well-being.
- Direct experience developing for high volume embedded devices. (i.e. consumer electronics, automotive, etc.)
- Sound architecture and FW/SW fundamentals including FW/SW design, best coding practices, and maintainability.
- Extensive experience in C/C++, Linux, RTOS, and developing for ARM cores, FPGA, and SoC based systems.
- Automotive domain knowledge is desired, including familiarity with gateway and telematics devices and automotive networking and service protocols (CAN, LIN, UDS, DoIP, SOME/IP, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and with cross-functional teams.