Intern – Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
This is an excellent opportunity to work at the best start-up company in the bay area. You will interface with various engineering groups and help develop methods, standards, and help solve challenges with next level thinking.
As an Intern in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering, you will report to the Sr. Staff Advanced Manufacturing Engineer or the Director of Advanced Manufacturing.
- Develop Manufacturing processes based on manufacturing best practices.
- Focus on lean systems and methods for manufacturing – value added operations, minimize waste, short production systems, small lot material strategies, focus on the operator & safety.
- Develop common manufacturing requirements documents and help create standards.
- Organize and analyze data sets that outline the systemic improvement opportunities.
- Interface with various engineering groups to understand our vehicle architecture.
- Support issue resolution for production and assembly including root cause investigation and corrective action tracking.
- Able to read and interpret basic mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program.
- Must be self-motivated, with a desire to continuously improve and learn.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and
- Exceptional organizational ability with good follow-up skills and attention to details are a must.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision, and good decision making and problem-solving
- CATIA V5/V6 experience a plus
- Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus.