L4 [Unity] Prototype Developer
As a Prototype Developer at BYTON UX-Design in Santa Clara, you’ll be the Unity 3D Prototype lead on a small team of user experience, visual, and motion designers working together to rapidly create functional and complex prototypes for user testings and concept validation. Together with the digital product designers, you’ll drive the direction of BYTON cutting edge user experience and digital product, taking it from idea, test to launch. Your will lead and maintain our user test environment and driver simulator together with pre-production HMI components to implement UX concepts ahead of production. This is a full-time position reporting to our Head of UX design and based in our Santa Clara studio. All BYTON offers comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance to its employees and their dependents.
Department UX/UI design production car
LOCATION Santa Clara, CA, USA
• Working on a close-knit team that jointly drives the vision for their product and believes that it will revolutionize the automotive industry.
• Collaborate with designers and design leadership to develop our visual language/ system and apply it across our portfolio of products.
• Work closely and iteratively with developers to ensure design accuracy and consistency throughout the creative process.
• Translate BYTON brand promise, strategy, and design language into world class interaction design.
• Apply sound world and motion graphics to intractable prototypes.
• Ability to transform complex ideas into simple intractable demos.
• Display excellent time management skills and lead design team to complete work by, or before, deadline.
• Display an exceptional sense of visual design, passion for the motion graphics ﬁeld, and a clear interest in motion graphics and related new technology.
• 3+ years of developing experience in Unity 3D
• Extensive experience in system architecture combining multiple technologies and disciplines, including hardware and software
• Proven ability to articulate and advocate a vision for technology direction with customers and internal development teams
• Experience developing product in ANDROID environment, C# or Unity Script
• Experience developing prototypes in Framer, Principle or other code-based prototyping tools
• Experience using SDKs and APIs
• Experience with software project management, familiar with agile methodology
• Built complex intractable prototypes from scratch, including APIs, and backends.
• You’re a full-stack developer who’s comfortable doing whatever needs to be done on the team
• Delivered on ambitious goals. At the end of the day, you’re a doer
• Worked in a startup environment.
• You’re comfortable with ambiguity and change
• Worked on projects that are user-centric.
• You’re passionate about making products that real people will ﬁnd indispensable.
• You also have good product intuition