As the Vehicle Performance Manager, you will have responsibility for managing the overall functional performance of the vehicle to meet the desired market positioning, using a holistic engineering approach to enable the delivery of an exciting next generation product that exceeds customer expectations using a balanced and optimized systems engineering approach with respect to design for function, cost, quality, and mass.
If this is something that interests you, and you have passion for electric vehicles, energy efficiency, new technology and want to make a difference, we would like to talk!
- Overall responsibility to work with the Engineering Teams and System owners to manage vehicle-level interfaces to deliver a product that meets or exceeds requirements and targets;
- Liaise with other functional/departmental managers and engineering support services to ensure full understanding of all aspects of the project development and to ensure key stakeholders are fully informed;
- Maintain and manage engineering functional issues databases;
- Assist and lead the engineering teams in effective problem resolution;
- Lead the escalation process for functional performance trade-offs;
- Chair global cross functional complete vehicle performance status meetings flag areas of risk to the program as necessary; drive teams to ensure satisfactory resolution to issues in a timely manner;
- Work closely with the Project Management team to ensure key gateways are fully supported with KPI’s for each team with respect to target achievement;
- Support prototype builds and launch activities;
- Support Ride and Drives for management and sign off;
Establish and maintain close working relationships to assess feasibility and collaboratively develop innovative solutions to solve problems;
- Communicate efficiently and effectively and present technical reports confidently in group settings;
- Create design guidelines and procedures to develop a vehicle that achieves vehicle level performance targets in alignment with marketplace positioning;
- Provide input to improve efficiency of our methods and process as part of our continuous improvement culture;
- Support DVP&R activities both physical and virtual to ensure accurate reporting and management of high level performance targets;
- Support the global development of the product with travel across the USA, China and Europe as needed.
- BS in Engineering (BSME, BSEE, BSIE, etc.);
- 7+ years experience in the Automotive Industry;
- Competency in problem solving techniques (8D, 5-Why, etc.);
- Strong background in one of the major vehicle attributes: NVH, Thermal Management, Vehicle Dynamics, Passive Safety, Durability, etc.;
- Strong background in one of the major architectural systems: Chassis, Powertrain, Body-in-White, Electrical Architecture, Closures, Interiors, HVAC, etc.;
- Familiarity with DFMEA and DVP&Rs;
- Strong ability to use MS Office, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word;
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment;
- Proven team leader with innovative problem solving and solid communication skills;
- Self-motivated, with a desire to continuously improve, learn, and teach;
- Systems Engineering knowledge and experience with JIRA and JAMA software systems;
- Catia V5 / 3DX system experience is a plus ;
- Mandarin language skills are a bonus;
- Passion for electric vehicles, energy efficiency, new technology, and making a difference.