Staff Engineer, DIAGNOSTICS
Primarily responsible for development and execution of diagnostic strategies related to Powertrain and AD/ADAS components, sub-systems, systems and vehicle to ensure their seamless integration. Ensure minimal diagnostics concerns at prototype builds and no issues during production launch.
Vehicle Integration (Autonomous Driving and Powertrain)
Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Work with teams of Engineers and Managers to develop, execute, DIAGNOSTICS strategies, communications, validation methods and tools.
- Support suppliers and other vehicle/system teams and departments in planning and use of test automation suite and bench testing (manual and/or automated)
- Lead or actively participate in the development of diagnostics, calibration processes and procedures and prompt issue resolutions at various prototype builds and during mass-production
- Understand technical specifications and relate them to testing conditions at the bench and vehicle level. Interpret & Analyze Powertrain Control Systems Logic & OBD Logic.
- Perform Competitive Benchmarking as per company guidelines and program needs.
- Use structured problem-solving methods to make data-based hardware and calibration decisions.
- Evaluate new powertrain and AD/ADAS hardware and technology for compliance with diagnostic strategies. Analyze, plan, and solve complex system problems related to diagnostic development.
- Lead or actively participate in the development of diagnostic algorithms to address new requirements.
- Lead or actively participate in meetings with management, product design and systems teams.
- Track, Escalate and help Resolve diagnostics issues, present summaries and reports - as needed.
o Bachelors (required) or Masters (preferred) degree in Engineering or related field
o 5+ years of delivering technical products as a Specialist, Staff Engineer or Lead Engineer
o 5+ years of experience with diagnostics communication, validation methods and test tools
o Knowledge of Electrified Powertrains, E/E Controls (h/w & s/w), ADAS components etc.
o Engineering/Design Release/Manufacturing/Quality experience in an OEM (preferred)
o Experience of C / C++, VB, Matlab/Simulink, INCA, CAN, Minitab, Doors, JIRA, JAMA etc.
o Experience and/or thorough knowledge of ISO (9001, 9141, 26262, 14229, 15504, 16949 etc.), SPICE, ECE, EOBD, CNCA/GB, FMVSS, SAE (J1850, J1962, J1978, J1979, J2012, J2178 etc.) standards
o Relevant technical and professional accreditations
o Experience of developing future technology strategies
o Excellent Communications, Negotiation and influencing skills