About This Role
If you’re a talented writer who gets excited about creating a cohesive user experience,
working with a dynamic cross-functional team structure, translating technical
requirements and complex concepts into understandable, delightful, user friendly
language, across a multitude of platforms, then this the role is for you!
As a UX Writer your role will consist of supporting and collaborating with design team
leads and managers in creating and documenting, fully flushed out user stories and use
cases that have been validated by all cross functional teams. As a UX Writer, you are an
advocate for the BYTON UX/UI design, working to shape product experiences by creating
useful meaningful text that helps users complete the task at hand. You help set the vision
for content and drive cohesive product narratives across multiple platforms and touch
points. You will also collaborate with others to ensure that the BYTON tone & manner are
consistent across our HMI UI, UX Style Guide, UX Customer Manual, Instructional UI and UX
Conversational Design initiatives.
Have a strong background in technically communicating & translating the product
direction and specifications into actionable persona's, stories, journeys, scenarios, and
use cases, The UX Writer will report to the UX Design Manager / Creative Product &
Research. You will be a key participant in our cross-functional user journey, user
scenario, and use case authoring sessions. You will then own the use cases; flushing
them out further, as well as develop additional ones.
You work with people in a variety of UX design-related jobs including researchers,
product managers, engineers, marketing and customer operations. Collaborating with
each, you strive to establish cohesive language and a unified voice across products and
As a UX Writer, you’re able to demonstrate through your work, how you stay true to the
user’s behavior and your gift for simplifying and improving user experiences;
interpreting complex and/or technical flows into intuitive and understandable language.
The UX Writer will work with people in a variety of disciplines, including design,
researcher, product management, engineering, legal, marketing, and customer
operations. Collaborating with each, you strive to establish a unified voice across
products. You regularly use empathy, logic, and hard data to inform content choices,
advocate for the user, content recommendations that include the right words and
sometimes complementary data, images, UX & UI elements and interactions.
• Translate functional and technical requirements into purposeful and meaningful
user stories and use cases.
• Use writing and editing skills to write UI text that facilitates user navigation, user
interface copy as well onboarding, error messages, instructional materials, and
other components of the end-to-end user experience.
• Drive vision and overarching principles for product language and content across a
product or subject-matter domain, and ensure cohesive product narratives;
Document your strategies with guidelines, and establish best practices and strategy
• Manage projects from needs assessment to implementation; identify opportunities,
establish priorities, secure resources, and manage stakeholders.
• Collaborate with designers, researchers, legal, marketing, product managers, and
engineers; Influence and adapt to stakeholders and their feedback.
• Provide leadership and educate cross-functional partners on the role of UX writing
and content strategy throughout the product development process.
• 4+ yrs of relevant experience on user-focused writing, including work in hardware,
software, digital agency, documentation or journalism.
• Experience with content collaboration tools like Confluence
• Experience shaping content for projects, with a portfolio of UX-focused writing
samples and style guidelines.
• Portfolio of UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines.
• Have a portfolio of work that demonstrates content that simplifies and humanizes
the overall user experience.
• Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, UX, HCI or equivalent
• Experience with localization and accessibility best practices.
• Knowledge of online technology and related products, including web and mobile UI
• Familiarity with user experience research principles and practices and how to use
data to provide informed user insights.
• The ability to lead, collaborate, and influence (with and without formal authority)
engineering, design, and product management teams.
• Skills as a self-starter who can manage projects in a fast-paced environment and
remain focused amidst frequently changing requirements.
About This Role