Sr. Engineer, EMC/EMI and Homologation
Primarily responsible for Electro-Magnetic Compatibility (EMC) of Powertrain sub-systems & systems and their seamless integration into vehicle. Develop and Complete Powertrain (PT) Sub-Systems, Systems & Vehicle Integration (AD, ADAS & PT) EMC Validations on time as per program timelines as well as managing all Safety and Homologation requirements related to global mass-production launch of automotive products. Planning and development of necessary skills and resources including training, performance assessment& coaching .
Vehicle Integration (Autonomous Driving and Powertrain)
Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Responsible for Electro-Magnetic Compatibility (EMC) of Powertrain sub-systems & systems and their seamless integration into vehicle.
- Develop and Complete Powertrain (PT) Sub-Systems, Systems & Vehicle Integration (AD, ADAS & PT) EMC Validations on time as per program timelines.
- Lead Test Planning, Approval, Execution, Concern-Escalation, Issue-Resolution, Reviews etc. while closely working with Engineering teams, E/E & Vehicle development departments and Suppliers of various electrical/electronic components.
- Develop and coordinate hardware & software development within frameworks of functional rollout plan. Be actively Involved in specifying EMC requirements, strategies and execution; Provide technical direction over other engineers or senior engineers.
- Stay abreast of new EMC technology and test methodology; travels as required; Knowledge of engineering and issue-management software (JIRA, JAMA etc.) as required.
- Experience in Model-Based Control Design & Software development process, control algorithm design using MATLAB/Simulink/State flow Working Knowledge of On Board Diagnostics (OBD) Requirements etc. preferred.
- Demonstrate Project Management skills with emphasis on commercial awareness, accountability, Product and Process & Quality, Trade-Offs and timely delivery.
- Experience in working on EV/BEV/HEV/PHEV programs preferred.
- Plan and comply to all High Voltage, Functional Safety and Homologation related requirements for mass production in Asia, Europe and NAFTA regions
- Develop safety architectures and safety plans to ensure compliance with ISO 26262; Define country-specific regulatory requirements and help develop compliant sub-systems and components
- Ensure that Safety and Homologation aspects of FMEA, DVP and other APQP required documentation for the whole department
- Tracks the vehicle configurations for managing various content levels vs. ECUs, software rev, firmware rev and wiring to minimize complexity
- Collaborate with key system and component suppliers and support overall vehicle development milestones and prototype/production build events covering both Safety and Homologation aspect of product & processes
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams within the BYTON Vehicle Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Suppliers to ensure timely validations of Homologation vehicles for global markets.
- Ensure all Type Approval testing and certification activities in the China, European and NAFTA markets for vehicle emissions and range ratings. Assist with Conformity of Production (COP) activities.
- Collaborate with other teams to obtain annual model year US EPA Certificates of Conformity (COCs) and CARB Executive Orders (EOs). Active participation for submitting mandatory reports for DOT, EPA, NHTSA, CARB and US States (CARB ZEV).
- Support global activities related to On-board diagnostics (OBD) compliance and safety, warning labels documents.
- Serve as a technical expert on electric vehicle safety and homologation for escalating potential abnormalities. Monitor changes to global regulations and standards
- Manage safety, warranty and defects reporting / recalls for all regions.
- Organize certifications and supporting materials per mandatory recordkeeping requirements; review all owner’s manual pertaining to vehicle safety, homologation and other Powertrain & AD/ADAS contents
o Bachelors (required) or Masters (preferred) degree in Engineering or related field
o 10+ years of delivering technical products through a team
o Experience of managing a team of Engineers (required), Supervisors/Managers (preferred)
o Demonstrable experience of budget and target management
o Relevant technical and professional accreditations
o Experience of developing future technology strategies
o Negotiation and influencing skills