EV Charging Infrastructure & Operations Manager
Under the direction the Sr. Retail Network Development Manager - NA, the EV Charging Infrastructure & Operations Manager - NA will be responsible for identifying, engaging, and collaborating with strategic partners to expand BYTON’s access to public and private charging infrastructures. This role requires the ability to negotiate partnerships to optimize BYTON users’ access to public charging, ensure interoperability between networks, and deliver premium installation service experiences. The EV Charging Infrastructure & Operations Manager’s activities will support the development and execution of a premium charging experience at BYTON retail locations, public charging stations, at workplaces, and in customers’ homes.
- Engage with and develop favorable relationships with public and private charging solutions providers, electrical contractors, utility operators and EV services companies.
- Evaluation and selection of partner network charging operator(s) to ensure adequate market coverage & charging power, as well as home and workplace EV charging station installation services and service provider(s), to deliver best-in-class BYTON user experiences.
- Keep up to date with innovations in renewable energy & smart home technologies; pursue opportunities to translate trends into user-centric EV charging solutions
- Negotiate embedded program, as well as subscription-based, pricing with partner network charging operator(s) to guarantee adequate perceived customer value.
- Collaborate with third parties to ensure a comprehensive understanding of BYTON product requirements & establish BYTON premium charging experiences for public and private charging use cases.
- Develop processes, protocols, and key performance indicators (KPIs) for executing and monitoring partner network charging & home/workplace installation services, addressing performance shortfalls with partners when necessary.
- Advocate cross-functionally for a seamless and premium user experience for varied customer use cases (e.g. personal use, shared ownership, fleet)
- Strategic alignment with all charging initiatives developed by BYTON globally.
- Attend relevant conferences and exhibitions, representing BYTON with influential automaker/supplier, government, smart city, utility, consumer, non-profit and other stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Ability to travel – up to 30% (Domestic & International)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience within the automotive and/or EV charging infrastructure industries.
- Comprehensive understanding of EV charging ecosystem (charging network operators, EV home charging station manufacturers, installation companies, utilities, renewable energy, smart home, smart city, battery recycling/re-use entities, and government agencies).
- Proven track record of working successfully with external business partners
- Entrepreneurial thinking and ability to work with a varying level of ambiguity and uncertainty
- Excellent written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Experience working with utilities, contractors, & other third-party stakeholders on charging infrastructure projects (desired).
- Knowledge of the North American premium vehicle market (desired).
- Startup experience (desired)