Primarily responsible for integration and production release of the driveline components (inverter, motor, gearbox and associated mounts) into Byton vehicles; ensuring compliance with performance targets and program timing and liaising with suppliers as required.
Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Specification of driveline requirements (performance, efficiency, durability, NVH and related attributes) for all Byton vehicles, in dialogue with other relevant teams.
- Development of supplier partnerships to satisfy identified requirements.
- Management and development of an appropriate team in multiple locations to integrate driveline systems at all stages from advanced prototype through to manufacturing implementation.
- Delivery of appropriate test plans to validate the fulfilment of program targets.
- Coordination of the interface of the driveline system with other teams to ensure good interdisciplinary practices and the successful integration of drivelines into Byton vehicles from a package, mechanical and systems performance perspective.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and in-house standards.
- Maintenance of an excellent understanding of electric vehicle driveline technologies to ensure a successful future strategic pathway.
- Demonstration of Project Management skills with emphasis on commercial awareness, accountability, product, process and quality, trade-offs; and timely delivery; including the development and management of appropriate status, risk identification, tracking and mitigation plans.
- Bachelors (required) or Masters (preferred) degree in Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of delivering technical products through a team
- Experience of managing a team of Engineers (required), Supervisors/Managers (preferred)
- Experience in working on EV/BEV/HEV/PHEV programs strongly preferred
- Experience in Production Launch or Manufacturing preferred
- Demonstrable experience of budget and target management
- Relevant technical and professional accreditations
- Experience of developing future technology strategies
- Negotiation and influencing skills