ADAS CAD/Mechanical Designer
Byton ADAS is developing the next generation set of ADAS features using the latest sensor technology for our first mobile connected vehicle and is looking for engineers that have the experience and want to learn while working on the future of mobility.
ADAS – Mechanical Hardware Integration
Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Perform a wide range of mechanical engineering functions to execute the design, development and integration of mechanical hardware for ADAS sensors per automotive safety and functional requirements.
- Interpret all relevant requirements and translate them into engineered and optimized designs that allow the sensors to perform within the operating parameters using CATIA V5/V6.
- Create 2D drawings.
- Run CAE simulations Ansys preferred.
- Write specifications.
- Will be involved in the development and integration of hardware from the prototype through production phase.
- Responsible for the release of components.
- BSME or higher level of education.
- Experience with product component development.
- Experience with prototyping and knowledge of prototyping methods.
- User of CATIA V5/V6 and enovia.
- Experience working with EE and SW team members.
- 2-5 years of experience practicing mechanical engineering in the vehicular and/ or applicable industry.
- Work in an ethical manner.
- Working knowledge of GD&T desirable.
- Knowledge of vehicle communications protocols and EE interfaces.
- As a minimum, knowledge of vehicle system architecture related to ADAS hardware.
- Willing to work outside of the normal working hours as necessary.
- Able to solve problems in a systematic manner and come up with creative solutions.
- Able to conceive tests to collect data to make decisions based on that data.