As a Senior Manager / Director, Vehicle Architecture, you will be responsible for the packaging/layout, digital model management and Digital Mock Up activity for the entire vehicle. You will need to be capable of designing fundamental vehicle layout from first principles, and taking the process through to full series production, taking into account all quality and regulatory standards and manufacturing constraints. You will be a key interface to Byton’s production plant and R&D facilities in China.
If this is something that interests you, and you have passion for electric vehicles, energy efficiency, new technology and want to make a real difference to the industry, we would like to talk!
- Overall responsibility for the 3D layout of the vehicle, working with all component and system ‘owner’ teams (BIW, Chassis, Powertrain etc) to make a coherent full model.
- Build and lead the Vehicle Architecture teams in the US and in China, recruiting and training local talent in both locations.
- Manage the DMU (Digital Mock Up) activity including the BOM systems linked to digital master models.
- As the guarantor of the ‘manufacturability’ of the digital design, be a key interface for the Manufacturing team based in China.
- Chair cross-functional packaging and layout reviews.
- Assist and lead the team in problem resolution.
- Work closely with all system owners to resolve all issues in digital and physical prototype stages.
- Prepare Gateway reviews, with a key emphasis on timely delivery.
- Support digital and physical prototype, pre-production and production builds – extensive travel is required.
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with all areas with emphasis on collaboration to assess feasibiltiy and come up with innovative solutions to solve problems;
- Communicate efficiently and effectively and present technical reports confidently at Top Management levels.
- Create design guidelines and procedures to develop future technical solutions that achieve required vehicle level performance.
- BS or equivalent in Engineering (BSME, BSEE, BSIE…).
- 15+ years experience in the Automotive Industry – preferably on Premium products.
- Strong background packaging, layout and whole-vehicle geometry.
- Strong Manufacturing understanding – communication with the plant is a key success factor.
- Significant knowledge of human ergonomics and regulation requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of CATIA V5/V6 and PLM systems.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Proven team leader with team building, team management, problem solving and communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience of Chinese market and automotive industry a strong plus.
- Mobile/willing to travel extensively.