The Digital Products organization is chartered with the design, development and operation of the entire suite of applications powering and supporting Byton’s mission. This team tackles problems at the entire stack, delivering innovative solutions to complicated architectural problems and stunning interfaces to a host of different users. To build the next generation of connected device, a smart device on wheels, requires a strong ecosystem of supporting parts developed by a the worlds top talent.
The Sr. Software Engineer - Mobile role will work closely with the vehicle engineering team, based in the Santa Clara headquarters, focused on delivering the frontend user experience for smart diagnostics and aftersales user personas. This software will integrate between a series of backend services and direct vehicle APIs to deliver a seamless customer experience into a very complicated project - one that is at the heart of Byton’s success strategy.
If you’re a self-starter who is humble with a bias towards action and interested in developing the worlds most intelligent and advanced diagnostic platform, then we’d love to hear from you!
• 2+ years of software development experience with React Native, React, Vue
• 2+ years mobile / frontend application development
• Experience working with GraphQL and Apollo
• Experience with asynchronous messaging (Kafka)
• Experience developing embedded software and/or backend services
• Experience with hardware testing a plus
• Develop end-user iPhone and Android apps using React Native
• Develop custom vehicle API interface using Native Android and Objective-C / Swift
• Drive Mobile Chapter - cross-pollinated group of engineers working on different mobile apps at Byton
• Work with vehicle firmware and integration teams to connect ECUs through gateway to platform
• Work with partner teams to develop remote APIs and services required to deliver user stories
• Be comfortable with a “home team, away game” model - be ready to get your hands dirty with everything from backend to devops to UI when necessary to get the job done
• Work with firmware and feature teams to design input and output architecture requirements
• Work with product owner to develop product roadmap and lead development team to hitting release targets • Work with hiring manager to continue to build rest of the squad