Software Solutions Architect
As a Solution Architect you are responsible for the development of the technology solutions and mapping the business requirements to systems/technical requirements to ensure they are in line with the overall vehicle system architectural plan and offerings. Your role is the conversion of the requirements into an architecture and design that will become the blueprint for the solution being created. You are a thought leader and aware of what is going on in the industry and is able to bring leadership inside the team interfacing with technology partners and ecosystem enablers internationally. You are able to review, interpret and respond with technical product requirements specifications to software ecosystem partners to ensure alignment and technical gaps. Contribute significantly towards make or buy decisions. This position reports to the Head of Programs & Technical Solutions in our Intelligent Car Experience division.
Intelligent Car Experience (ICE) – Programs & Technology Solutions
Santa Clara, CA, USA
- The Solution Architect is responsible for the development of the technology solutions and mapping the business requirements to systems/technical requirements to ensure they are in line with the overall vehicle system architectural plan.
- Review, interpret and respond with a PRD to software ecosystem partnership specifications (MRD) to ensure alignment between customer expectations and current or future ICE capability.
- Provide input to the strategic direction of technology investments to assist in the development of the ICE architecture and maximize the return on technology investment
- Develop, test and implement technology solutions (show and tell)
- The Solutions architect have in-depth knowledge in both hardware and systems having been involved in R&D in different products.
- Undertake objective, critical analysis to draw accurate conclusions that recognize and manage contextual issues
- Work through issues, weigh up alternatives and identify the most effective solutions
- Take account of the wider business context when considering options to resolve technical issues
- Explore a range of possibilities and creative alternatives to contribute to systems, process and business improvements
- Implement systems and processes that underpin high quality research and analysis
- Within the agreed architecture, define and design technology solutions to assist the business in meeting the business objectives.
- As an when applicable file patentable artifacts in consultation with Byton Legal team to create unique IP.
- Aware of what is going on in the industry outside and is able to bring thought leadership inside the team
- Interfacing with technology partners and ecosystem enablers internationally.
- Advanced degree in Engineering discipline in CS/EE or other relevant engineering degree
- Have broad product knowledge in different software ecosystems in application development, cloud and connectivity solutions
- Ability to interface with cross functional teams and multi-task
- Career path should show progress as a developer to an architect position with significant business impact
- Have worked in a customer/partner facing roles
- Ability to generate pseudo code based on development environment
- Having a “Maker” mentality is a great skill to have with a show and tell capability
- Possess good communication skills with acute business acumen
- Ability to travel both nationally and internationally based on business needs