Technical Writer / Documentation Specialist
As a Technical Writer/Documentation Specialist you put technical information into easy-to-understand language. You often take high-level research, complex data or a company’s internal information and put it into terms that a layman can use. You will be required to write software manuals, technical online content, product instructions, policy manuals, how-to manuals. You will also bring a uniform tone to all communication and policies to create a consistent voice. This includes not only the content but also the overall structure of documents, including overseeing the preparation of graphics to accompany the content. You must have strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as be very detail and organization oriented. You will work closely with engineers, scientists, researchers, program developers and even graphic design teams to produce content.
Intelligent Car Experience (ICE) – Programs & Technology Solutions
Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- Work very closely with Nanjing (China) counterpart and be able to work as a team
- Produces and maintains documentation related to programming, systems and user guides.
- Drafts and organizes documentation efforts, including online help and written user guides.
- Utilizes business specifications and technical data to write user documentation.
- Relies on extensive knowledge and professional discretion to achieve goals.
- Based on urgency and work loads recruit contractors and external agencies and project manage deliverables
- Previous experience in a product development and manufacturing environment is advantageous
- Ability to understand and comprehend Technical details of both software and hardware systems.
- Possess good Organization Skills specially in a fast moving ever changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Mandarin and English is required
- Thoroughness with critical Problem Solving/Analysis capabilities
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Ability to take Initiatives