- Design and automotive Wire Harnesses packaging in CATIA V5/V6 environment
- Understand, mark-up and approve 2D wire harness drawings
- Execute coordination & direction with Santa Clara engineering team
- Support vehicle milestones (NDRC,AP,PT,PP,SOP)
- Define vehicle installation procedure & process
- Identify, track, and resolve open electrical distribution issues
- Interface with cross functional systems engineers to properly package and validate the wire harness design and design changes
- Drawing release for design changes for manufacturing
- BS or equivalent degree with experience as a wire harness designer or design release Engineer
- 3 + years Wire harness experience
- Experience with vehicle schematics validate wire harness designs
- Experience with Mentor Graphics harness XC and CATIA.
- Some travel may be required
- Manufacturing plant and launch support is required
- Familiar with Design Tools, DFMEA’s , 8D’s, 3D CAD, ECAD.