Functional Safety Engineer
You will be responsible for the overall electrical system interoperability of the vehicle, including software, network communications and diagnostics
- Lead safety related activities for E/E systems and ensures products, processes and work products are ISO26262 compliant
- Work with cross-functional teams to insure interoperability of safety critical systems
- Lead and coordinate creation of functional safety documentation according to ISO 26262.
- Flow down functional safety requirements to all electrical systems and subsystems. Specify detailed safety requirements, including diagnostic and software requirements.
- Develop functional safety plan, including safety related processes and workflow
- Support system architectures and interfaces definition
- Coordinate and lead FMEA analysis across all E/E subsystems
- Lead ASIL analysis and compliance strategy
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams within the Byton Vehicle Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and Supplier groups to ensure system manufacturing and assembly feasibility and serviceability.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with safety engineering
- Automotive experience at an OEM or Tier 1
- Must be self-motivated, with a desire to continuously improve and learn.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects with tight timing constraints, providing examples of such scenarios throughout one’s career.