As a Senior/ Lead UI Designer at the BYTON future lab in Los Angeles, you will be working on premium quality aesthetics for cutting edge automotive user interface concepts. Needless to say, you are a highly motivated, creative, and versatile individual that loves to take initiative, and thrives in a fast-paced, agile startup like BYTON.
- Sharing your pathbreaking ideas with your laser-focused team and have a proven track record of collaborating successfully with UX designers, technical artists and software developers alike.
- Applying your well-rounded visual design expertise to create stunning graphical user interaces for BYTON's in-vehicle experience. You are able to translate visual design requirements into detailed specifications. You have developed a thorough understanding of the interdependence between software, and hardware since your role will entail quality assurance for the overall in-vehicle user interface design.
- Passionate not only about your craft, but also about our brand's vision, and customer needs. Your structured approach will enable you to be efficient in ideation, and execution. You may be mentoring, and managing a small team of highly talented creative professionals. You're explorative in nature and open to new experiences; therefore you're open to traveling to Europe, or China for work if required.
- Identify and evaluate cutting-edge hard-, and software technologies to help establish the next standard for human-car interaction
- Produce visual design drafts, presentations and final graphical assets in accordance with UX design spec as deliverables to the software team
- Create assets for, and provide guidance to motion and sfx designers
- collaborate closely with UX designers, software developers, and product & marketing specialists in an iterative workflow
- Create premium UI design language (in accordance with BYTON’s brand design)
- Collaborate with external UI design teams creating assets for final delivery
- Minimum 3+ years as a professional (UI) visual designer
- Experience with automotive specific UI design is a plus
- Passionate about design and up-to-date about technology trends
- Highly developed design aesthetics
- Passionate about technology trends
- Adobe Photoshop expert knowledge
- Expertise in 3D software (e.g. Maya, Alias Design Studio) is a plus
- Expertise in Apple keynote, MS Visio, and Sketch is preferred but not required
- Willingness to learn new tools
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- You embrace teamwork and partnership, are a receptive listener, and always take an open-minded and collaborative approach to designing
- You’re capable of reducing complex concepts and challenges into easily understandable actionable tasks
- You can visually communicate your ideas via quick sketches and clearly structured storyboards, motion sketches, etc.
- Command of Chinese and/ or German language is a plus