As a UI/UX Designer at the BYTON future lab in Los Angeles, you will be working on cutting edge automotive user interface and experience concepts. Needless to say, you are a highly motivated, creative, and versatile individual that loves to take initiative, and thrives in a fast-paced, agile startup like BYTON.
You love to share your pathbreaking ideas with your laser-focused team and have a proven track record of collaborating successfully with UI, and UX designers, technical artists and software developers alike.
You apply your well-rounded interaction design expertise to create intuitive user flows for BYTON's in-vehicle experience. You are able to translate functional objectives into detailed specifications. You have developed a solid understanding of the interdependence between software, and hardware.
You're passionate not only about your craft, but also about our brand's vision, and customer needs. Your creative ideas will enable you to be efficient in wireframing, and creating visually stunning user interfaces. You're explorative in nature and open to new experiences; therefore you're open to traveling to Europe, or China for work if required.
- identify and evaluate cutting-edge hard-, and software technologies to help establish the next standard for human-car interaction
- support team in definition of user stories for prototype builds
- produce visual design drafts, presentations and final graphical assets in accordance with UX design spec as deliverables to the software team
- create UX wireframes for UX software architects
- create digital assets to support motion designers
- collaborate closely with UI, and UX designers, and software developers in an iterative workflow
- develop digital assets in accordance with BYTON’s brand design guidelines
- collaborate with external UI and UX design teams creating assets for prototypes, and final delivery
- Bachelor's Degree in UI/UX Design, Product or Industrial Design (Bachelors 2 yrs / Masters 0 yrs)
- Strong Communication; sketching and rendering skills
- Passionate about design and up-to-date about technology trends
- distinctive design aesthetics
- Passionate about technology trends
- Adobe Photoshop expert knowledge
- Expertise in Apple keynote, MS Visio, and Sketch is preferred but not required
- Willingness to learn new tools
- Ability to perform in cross-functional teams
- You embrace teamwork and partnership, are a receptive listener, and always take an open-minded and collaborative approach to designing
- You can visually communicate your ideas via quick sketches and clearly structured storyboards, motion sketches, etc. Experience with automotive specific UI design is a plus
- Command of Chinese and/ or German language is a plus