As a Digtial Product Designer, you are a highly motivated, creative, and versatile individual with experience designing intuitive workflows. You apply your experience with interaction design and in-vehicle user experience to ensure the ease of use while operating the BYTON vehicle safely. You are able to translate functional objectives into detailed specifications. Your role will consist of creating the interaction paradigms and the overall in-vehicle user experience. Very important to the role will be a thorough understanding of the right balance between feature, technology, hardware, interior design, and serving our brand’s purpose, business missions, and customer needs. Conceptualizing, designing, and beta testing the system interactions are key. The Sr. Digtial Prodcut Designer will report to the UXD Team Manager.
Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Develop interaction model and paradigm of the overall in-vehicle user experiences.
- Identify a real problem and offer the best possible solution.
- Build wireframes, low and high-fidelity mockups, and prototypes to communicate design ideas at the appropriate level of detail.
- Develop detail wireframes and flow diagrams for touch, voice and gesture based interaction.
- Develop detail wireframes and flow diagrams, including all digital touch points of the BYTON Ecosystem, including mobile app and all in-vehicle interfaces.
- Collaborate closely with other Digital Product Designers and Visual UI designers and to support the UI design team with art-production.
- Develop detail wireframes and flow diagrams to ensure cohesive user flows to avoid broken user experience and flows and proactively solving it.
- Work closely with lead UX architect, digital product designers and researchers to analyze usability to address all safety concerns and to ensure the ease of use of the BYTON in-vehicle experience.
- Work closely and iteratively with software end hardware team to ensure design accuracy and consistency throughout the creative process.
- Collaborate with engineer group, deep diving into production delivery cycle, ensure design is well received from engineer
- Collaborate with project manager, follow up on product design schedule, ensure design tasks delivery on time.
- Own user-centered design (UCD) and support planning and help to conduct user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Own end-to-end product design across a range of products—successes, failures, learning, and improvements.
- Translate BYTON brand promise, strategy, and design language into world class experience.
- Display excellent time management skills and lead UX team to complete work by, or before, deadline.
- Passion for user-centered design and a critical eye toward clear flows and consistent interaction models.
- Well versed with the principles of designing to comprehend all UX and VD elements to ensure best usability in every sense.
- Ability to transform complex ideas into simple structure and user flows.
- You contribute to a collaborative and creative work environment.
- Passion about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
- Knowledge of research and showcase in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- You embrace teamwork and partnership, are a receptive listener, and always take an open-minded and collaborative approach to design.
- You’re capable of reducing complex concepts and challenges into easily understandable actionable tasks.
- You can visually communicate your ideas via sketches and storyboards, motion sketches, previs, etc. working in Low-Fi to High-Fi.
- Experience with visual storytelling, illustration, and graphic design across different media types, beyond interactive software products.
- A highly developed design aesthetic.
- Experience with presenting work, approaches, design states or full execution to stakeholders and investors.
- 7+ years as a professional UX interactive designer.
- Experience with automotive specific HMI design, instrument cluster, head unit, and other in-vehicle experience design.
- Experience in a fast-paced software environment and an ability to execute against aggressive timelines.
- Background in computer science, system architecture or information architecture is a plus.
- You display a solid knowledge of traditional design tools such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop/After Effects, and are also willing to learn new tools.