Sr. Engineer-ADAS/AD, Verification & Validation
Senior Engineer; ADAS V&V is responsible for developing test requirments, test cases for ADAS/AD components and systems and executing tests on various platforms to ensure timely release of ADAS features.
Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Develop design & product verification and validation plan (DV/PV), test protocol, test execution and issue resolution globally
- Interface with ADAS suppliers and co-ordinate with Byton’s internal stakeholders
- Conduct hardware/software testing in the lab (internal/external) to verify and validate ADAS system hardware functionality and reliability
- Design/develop and integrate data aquisition systems in vehicle
- Support engineering meetings with vendors.
- Develop simulation platforms to verify advanced ADAS features and systems via simulation for current and future releases
- Benchmark competitive vehicles/component, to define functional target and engineering specifications.
- Provide input in the creation of component specification, component DFMEA, and other technical design documents where analysis plays a central role.
- Create proof of concept demonstrations for ADAS systems
- Coordinate and conduct hardware testing in the lab to verify and validate ADAS system hardware functionality and reliability
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited University.
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering with specialty autonomous driving technology and/or power electronics is a plus.
- Good working knowledge in design verification & validation, test planning and test execution
- Hands-on experience in test execution on test bench, HIL or in vehicle
- Experience with data aquaition and logging systems
- Experience with automotive communication protocol such as CAN, LIN
- Experience with working with CAN analysis tools such as Vector CANanlyzer, Kvsaer
- Experience with electrical wiring and integration
- Good understanding of ADAS/Autonomous driving technologies is a plus
- Experience with hardware-in-loop systems for verification of ADAS features is a plus
- Knowledge of automotive ADAS safety standards such as NCAP, ISO for ADAS/AD and ISO26262 is a plus
- Experience working with global teams is a plus
- Experience with validation of ADAS features such as AEB, ACC etc.. is a plus
- Working experience with automotive systems design, packaging and assembly requirements is a plus
- 5+ years of working experience in design and/or verification and validation of automotive electrical components and systems, including atleast 1-2 years with ADAS/AD
- In-plant and/or program/vehicle launch experience.